Our Mission: At The Windward School, we are committed to helping students with language-based learning disabilities achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to a mainstream educational environment.
The Windward School is a coeducational, independent day school dedicated to providing a proven, research-based instructional program for children with language-based learning disabilities. The multisensory curriculum is designed for students of average to superior intelligence who can benefit from the unique educational experience provided. Located in White Plains, NY, and Manhattan, NY, The Windward School educates more than 900 students on three campuses.
The Windward School seeks an experienced Digital Content Coordinator to join our Communications and Marketing team. The core function of this role is to oversee the School and the Windward Teacher Training Institute’s (WTTI) website and digital communications platforms, developing content strategy and related assets based on Windward’s core marketing and communications objectives. This creative professional is enthusiastic about producing engaging and mission-aligned digital content in both written and video forms.
· Assist Director of Communications in managing The Windward School, Windward Teacher Training Institute websites and any microsites while developing future content and digital plans in a flexible framework
· Manage day-to-day messaging, monitoring, and moderation of multiple social media platforms
· Participate in story-telling by contributing copy for community magazine, education journal, and other storytelling opportunities
· Envision, script, produce, and edit video content for use across the School and WTTI’s digital platforms
· Create and implement unique strategies to build upon current marketing priorities within the digital arena
· Use practiced analytical abilities to gather key business and user insights and create a long-term vision for the school’s digital platforms
· Keep up to date with audience preferences and proactively suggest new campaigns
· Partner and collaborate with internal cross-functional stakeholders to optimize digital experience and ensure brand consistency
· Supplement day-to-day photography work, as needed, and oversee the School’s photography library
· Facilitate community and reputation management for post-attendance reviews and real-time social media engagement
· Stay current on marketing trends and contribute knowledge to team
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or relevant field
· At least three years proven work experience in digital marketing or related fields
· Strong writing skills, editing, and proofreading skills (will require a writing test)
An understanding of and commitment to The Windward School’s mission and values
· Ability to understand, capture, and tell stories that convey the mission and tone of The Windward School
· High proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
· Extensive experience with content management systems, video production, and a basic understanding of web programming and HTML
· Superior client service and interpersonal skills with proven follow-through ability
· Standout idea generator and problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills
· Excellent project management, organization, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines simultaneously
· Demonstrable experience with SEO/SEM, analytics, and inbound marketing software
· Experience implementing and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
· Must be an enthusiastic and creative team player
All employees of The Windward School must pass required criminal record checks and appropriate background checks, including proof of academic credentials.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Heather Pray, Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Windward Schoolâ€“ Westchester Middle School
Independent School for Students with Language-Based Learning Disabilities