Hamlin Robinson School, located in Seattle, Washington, is an independent, non-profit, accredited, state-approved, elementary and middle day school offering a comprehensive educational program to serve students with dyslexia and other language related difficulties. The Hamlin Robinson School core philosophy is that all children can reach their full potential given appropriate teaching methods and atmosphere.
Position: Advancement Associate
Reports to: Advancement Director
Job Classification: Full Time Exempt Position
The HRS Advancement Associate works as a member of the Administration to support and enhance the mission of the school and its Learning Center through fundraising, and communications. The successful candidate will assist the Advancement Director in managing operational aspects of a multi-year $10 million Capital Campaign. With oversight of the Advancement Director, this includes working with the Director of Strategic Initiatives, campaign volunteers and campaign counsel. This position is also responsible for assisting in the Annual Fund, Auction, and Communications campaigns for current parents, teachers, alumni, trustees, volunteers, and the broader community. Particular responsibilities include producing reports and agendas, data management, fundraising and communications support. This person must work collaboratively at all levels of the school.
· Under direction of Advancement Director, develop and revise status reports, agendas, prospect management reports, campaign timelines and other materials as needed to implement the campaign.
· Facilitate sharing of information among staff and volunteer leadership.
· Produce donor acknowledgement letters, campaign correspondence, and gift reports.
· Support efforts of volunteer campaign leadership bodies, which may entail prospect status management, logistical support for small cultivation events, communications support, and staffing key campaign committees.
· Participate in campaign cultivation activities and special events.
· Research and identify prospective donors.
· Work closely with Communications Director and staff to integrate Campaign messages and updates into communications materials and events.
Annual Fund & Philanthropic Giving
· Track and record all philanthropic giving, including corporate giving and in-kind gifts
· Promptly prepare acknowledgement letters and pledge reminders
· Prepare regular reports for the Director of Advancement and reconcile gifts with Business Office
· Work with Director of Advancement to execute auction timeline
· Produce regular auction communication, printed and multimedia materials (invitation, slideshow, reports, etc.)
· Maintain auction database, keeping detailed records of all donors, items and attendees
· Document and maintain record of all funds received and reconcile with the Business Office
· Provide night-of auction support (March 21, 2020)
· Work with Director of Advancement to plan, manage, and create printed materials/multimedia for all major school events
· Establish relationships with prospective parents, friends of the school, etc.
· Coordinate alumni follow-up and record-keeping plan
· Bachelor’s degree
· Commitment to mission, vision, and core values of the school
· Proficiency in word processing, database management, creating/maintaining spreadsheets, graphics, and presentation software required.
· Ability to interact effectively with parents and various levels of organization
· Ability to prioritize, organize and efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to meet the ongoing needs of the school.
Hamlin Robinson School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hamlin Robinson School ignites the academic and creative potential of students with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences.
The world class educational program at Hamlin Robinson School is a catalyst for students to discover the joy of learning within a rich, comprehensive school experience.
Respect: We show appreciation and acceptance for ourselves, our community, and our learning.
Responsibility: We show integrity and accountability for our choices.
Purpose: We show dedication and resolve through our actions.
Perseverance: We show commitment and resilience in all our endeavors.
Additional Salary Information: Hamlin Robinson School provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including a retirement plan with employer match, generous medical, vision, and dental coverage, and professional development support.
About Hamlin Robinson School
Founded in 1983, Hamlin Robinson School is an independent, non-profit school offering a comprehensive educational program to serve students in grades 1-8 with dyslexia and other language related difficulties. The core philosophy of Hamlin Robinson is that all children can reach their full potential given appropriate teaching methods and atmosphere. The school is embarking on an ambitious strategic plan that includes moving to a new location in central Seattle, increasing enrollment, and expanding the academic program. A successful major gifts program and eventual capital campaign will be critical to the implementation of this vision.