Maplebrook School is seeking a Director of Admissions. An integral member of the senior administrative team, the Director is the lead ambassador for the school and provides leadership and strategic direction on issues related to student recruitment, admissions, enrollment management, including retention and financial aid. The Director of Admissions is responsible for the entire enrollment process, from inquiry through admission to assimilation into the school. The overall goal for the Director is to build on the Admission Office's strengths to implement a strtegic enrollment vision for a school that offers an innovative, individually-focused curriculum.
The ideal candidate understands the benefits of an independent school education and will articulate Maplebrook's vision and mission in a compelling way. The Director shall be data driven with strong database skills and understand strategic enrollment management. This person reports to the Head of School and manages the admissions team.
* The Director will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the office that oversees the recruitment of mission appropriate students.
* Responsible for working with the entire school community to aid in the admissions and retention process.
* Provides leadership for the School's admissions, marketing, and communications.
* Present the School to prospective students and parents, as well as consultants, agencies and other schools, both domestically and intenationally.
* Manage efficient handling of applications and communications with candidates and their parents; interviews with candidates and their parent; securing necessary student records; and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals.
* Oversee the admissions office, creation of the admissions budget, and appropriate admissions and marketing materials, mailings, and publications.
* Oversee the timely and cost-effective use of vatious media and other resources to communicate information about the school to internal and external constituents, including proactive and effective digital strategies and public relations.
* Advise and consult with the Head of School on all aspects of admissions and the School.
* Develop new programs and initiatives to attract and retain qualified students.
* Evaluate continually and redesign where appropriate all aspects of the admissions and marketing program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students.
* Keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-enrollment program and ensure the Head of School is regularly updated on enrollment issues.
* Represent the School at various gatherings to various groups including alumni, students and families.
* Remain informed of demographic trends and uses market research to identify new target markets, better penetrate existing markets, and inform strategic decision-making.
* Maintain an active presence on campus and participate fully in campus life.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Bachelor's degree required; a master's degree preferred.
* Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
* Commitment to being in and supporting a community which focuses on a student-centered education.
* Track record of working successfully with a variety of constituents, including parents, students, referral professionals and faculty and staff.
* Experience successfully training, managing, and mentoring a motivated staff.
* Experience in marketing and communications (including social media, online marketing, community marketing and events).
* Experience using financial aid in optimizing enrollment and attracting the range of students necessary to enhance the school community.
* Work history that includes speaking publicly on behalf of an organization to audiances and in intimate settings.
* Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally on behalf of the School.
Must be a team player and possess superior communication, interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills, high energy, flexibility, warmth, and a sense of humor.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately. Competitive salary and benefits, with on-campus housing. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Maplebrook School, Attn: Human Resources, 5142 Route 22, Amenia, NY 12501. E.O.E.