The Gordon School is a racially diverse nursery through eighth grade coeducational independent school in East Providence, Rhode Island. Child by child, the Gordon School community cultivates successful students by inspiring joyful learning, encouraging intellectual leadership, fostering an empathic spirit and stimulating a drive for positive societal impact.
We emphatically believe that each of the following five principles is essential for the success of our mission:
• Our curriculum is rooted in multicultural practice, which develops academic skills, thinking strategies, active imaginations and children’s social competencies
• We teach students to investigate and study concepts and topics from multiple perspectives, a basic skill for success in school and in life
• Students are challenged and inspired to be active workers toward their education
• As articulated in the Gordon School Statement on Inclusivity, we create and sustain a diverse community of faculty, staff, students and families
• As multicultural educators, our teachers strive to establish relationships of understanding and trust with each child and his or her family