Cape Cod Academy is an independent day school for students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade. The college preparatory school is located in Osterville, MA, on a 46-acre campus and is organized into three school divisions: Lower (K-5), Middle (6-8), and Upper (9-12). The school is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization overseen by a Board of Trustees. CCA was founded in Osterville in 1976 after the closing of our predecessor schools, The Friendship School and the Sea Pines School.
Cape Cod Academy promotes and cultivates a climate of mutual respect, inclusion, kindness, and concern for one another. As our mission states, “Cape Cod Academy fosters a life-long drive to learn and grow and make a difference in the world.” This includes valuing the experience and happiness of others as we do our own. Compassion helps us recognize the struggles of others and spurs us to help with humility and respect.
For the 2021-2022 school year, 318 students are enrolled at CCA. Twenty-one percent of CCA students identify as bi-racial, American Indian, African American, Hispanic, Asian, or Asian American. Thirty-seven percent of CCA students receive financial-aid grants to make ...CCA affordable. CCA students come to the school from over 21 different communities across the Cape, South Shore, and South Coast--as far north as Pembroke, as far east as Eastham and Chatham, and as far west as Marion. The number of students from the Upper Cape and off Cape is about the same as the number from the mid Cape. CCA has historically attracted families of diverse nationality, including recent and current students who are citizens of Haiti, Iceland, Belarus, India, Bulgaria, and Portugal. One hundred percent of Cape Cod Academy's students are accepted into four-year colleges.
The hallmark of an independent school is its faculty. At CCA, the commitment of our teachers is neither measured by the ringing of a bell, nor confined to the walls of a classroom. Faculty are involved in every aspect of school life and can be seen on campus in the afternoon, in the evening, and on weekends. Our teachers are experts within the fields of their chosen discipline: history teachers are historians, English teachers are writers, art and music teachers exhibit and perform.
The CCA Mission
Cape Cod Academy fosters a life-long drive to learn and grow and make a difference in the world. Cape Cod Academy teaches students habits of heart and mind that prepare them to be successful in college, healthy in life, and contributors to society - both locally and globally.
Our Core Values
As a school and a community, Cape Cod Academy is given purpose and clarity by daily reference to our guiding core values:
Cape Cod Academy places a premium on:
- Positive and mutually responsible relationships among students and their faculty
- High standards and ambitions - for academics & relationships
- Field-based exploration of the way the world works
- Customized independent learning initiatives
- Easy access to a breadth of opportunities for intellectual, ethical, social, artistic, and physical growth
- Service, advocacy, and tackling complex problems
- Courage, curiosity, communication, and consideration of others
Cape Cod Academy sits on a beautiful, quiet campus of 46 acres just ½ mile from the bays of Cotuit and Osterville. Among its outdoor features are forests, walking trails, a vernal pool and greenhouse for scientific research, and an outdoor classroom.
The academic campus is comprised of six interconnected buildings:
- The Lower School: Chope Commons & Wilkens Hall
- Davis Commons
- The Science & Math Building
- Founders Hall (MS)
- The original L building (US)
The academic complex, includes:
- Tew Library (Lower School)
- Ungerman Library (Middle School & Upper School)
- Sidman Lecture Hall
- Six advanced science laboratories
- Dedicated lower school science lab
- An art gallery
- Four visual art studios
- Digital art lab
- Traditional wet photo lab
- Ceramic wheels & kiln
- A main stage
- A Black Box Theatre
- A Computer lab
- Learning Center
- A music pavilion
- College counseling pavilion
The athletic facilities include:
- Four varsity-sized playing fields
- Eight tennis courts
- Outdoor heated pool
- Two full-size gymnasiums
- Cross-country running course
- Lower school playground and playing field
Visit our website: www.capecodacademy.org