Location: Los Angeles, California
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Administrative Assistant, Information Technology
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for an IT Administrative Assistant to begin as soon as possible.
Summary of Position:
The IT Administrative Assistant is a member of the Brentwood School Information Technology Department and reports to the Co-Directors of Information Technology. The IT Admin Assistant works with a variety of users and departments to support the use of technology and is responsible for dealing with a broad range of items and issues to promote the efforts and success of the Tech Department. They will be the first line of contact to address any immediate technical needs.
Brentwood School technology includes but may not be limited to computers, printers, tablets, audio and visual equipment, telecommunications and networking equipment, and other devices and applications. The list is constantly changing as technology use evolves. As a member of the technology department in an educational environment, this person works in varying capacities and with a multitude of peers across the institution to serve both the academic and administrative technology needs of the school and its community.
The IT Admin Assistant should be a self-directed and highly motivated learner who is customer-oriented, interested in current and emerging technology trends and has a relatively familiar understanding of current technology platforms and procedures in K-12 education.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- At least 2 years-experience working as an Admin Assistant or similar position
- Experience with project completion/management
- Basic understanding of Mac and Windows OS
Duties & Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Be the first line of communication for faculty, staff, and students. Be able to assist with but not limited to network connectivity, local and network file access, password resets login issues, etc.
- Be the first point of contact for SIS access and POS/stored value issues, which may include changing passwords, updating contact information, helping with deposits, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of computer hardware, peripherals, and visual equipment
- Oversee all IT asset management
- Work with technicians on resource management planning and replacement cycles
- Basic Administrative and organizational tasks
- Assist in dispatch, assignment, and coordination of field technicians during business hours, after-hours events, and on-call emergencies
- Management and scheduling of all tech support at school events
- Compose, send and respond to all department communications
- Responsible for all department purchasing, billing, and settlements
- Manage all mobile and telecommunications accounts.
- Maintain and update all current network directories, security groups and distribution lists
- Provide all department data and statistical reporting
- Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one's growth, knowledge, and skills
- Other duties as assigned by the Directors of Information Technology or the Senior Administrative Team
COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
The salary range for this position is $44,000 - $55,000
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to:
Nick Thompson and Johnny Velasquez
Connections working at Brentwood School
About Brentwood School
Mission & ValuesBrentwood School is a vibrant and diverse community whose purpose is to promote personal and intellectual growth. We provide challenging, engaging programs in a nurturing learning environment, devoting care and attention to every student. Embracing high standards of character, commitment, and achievement. Brentwood School encourages students to think critically and creatively and to act ethically. In its relatively short history, Brentwood School has grown to be one of the premier independent day schools in Southern California. Founded as a non-profit corporation in 1972, Brentwood School acquired the Brentwood Military Academy, which had existed since 1902. Brentwood School opened in the fall of 1972 as a co-educational, college preparatory day school with grades 6-10. Grade 11 was added in fall 1973, and the school graduated its first senior class in June 1975.