Location: State College, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
State College Friends School (SCFS) provides an academically vigorous education in a nurturing environment that inspires a love of learning and prepares students to meet challenges with confidence and compassion. Guided by the Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equity, and stewardship, we support the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of each child.
SCFS seeks an experienced educator to lead the school’s 4/5 (mixed grade) humanities classes. Educators at SCFS are expected to uphold the school’s mission and embrace the following habits of mind: creativity, collaboration, problem solving, and growth mindset. We are looking for qualified candidates who demonstrate:
- A successful record of collaborating with teachers, administration, students, and families.
- A strong belief in mixed-grade classrooms.
- A desire to facilitate interdisciplinary teaching.
- A comfort using technology to enhance student learning.
- A commitment to understanding and serving diverse beliefs and an eagerness to use culturally responsive teaching practices.
- Flexibility, optimism, and a sense of humor.
- Develop and teach the 4/5 humanities curriculum.
- Track student learning and skill mastery.
- Communicate regularly with students’ parents, including narrative reports.
- Partner with 4/5 math & science teacher and
Director of Enrollment Management to meet with prospective families.
- Facilitate daily morning meetings and other social-emotional learning activities.
- Supervise homeroom, recess, lunch, and dismissal.
- Attend faculty and committee meetings and complete other duties as assigned by the Head of School.