Location: BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Moravian Academy seeks a Director of External Programs for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Director of External Programs is a full-time, 12-month position that is responsible for the leadership, design and execution of programmatically and financially robust auxiliary programs, extended day, and summer camp programs. The Director leads all aspects of these programs and provides strategic direction for their growth and development. The Director reports to the Head of School and serves on the School’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Guides and leads all aspects of the rental program across all 3 campuses.
- Supervises and supports Extended Care Directors, for Swain and Downtown campuses.
- In collaboration with the Business office,works to create and implement systems for registration, charges, and compensation for all programs.
- Guides and leads all aspects of summer camp programs, including the hiring of site directors for Swain and Merle Smith campuses.
- Leads after school explorations classes for all campuses, including research, analysis, and recommendations for cost and compensation parameters.
- Works with marketing team to promote programs internally and externally that are specific to each campus.
- Partners with Admissions and Marketing teams to identify prospective students for school year enrollment at Moravian Academy and collaborate on marketing outreach.
- Supports leaders of programs with student and parent issues needing resolutions.
- Provides administrative support for Private lesson program on Swain campus.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Leadership team in support of the Head of School.
- Maintains expertise through Professional Development.
- Identifies and builds relationships with partner organizations in support of the school’s mission.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of School
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
- Possesses a passion for independent school education and has demonstrated experience working with or in external programs (after school or summer).
- Ability to communicate effectively with constituents from the entire school community.
- Ability to supervise and manage multiple functions and activities.
- Strategic and entrepreneurial thinker who sees the larger picture.
- Ability to understand and embrace Moravian Academy’s mission and culture.
- Ability to balance and prioritize the needs of the school.
- Ability to define problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Collaborates well with colleagues, especially within the business office, marketing department, and enrollment team.
- Superb people skills; compassionate.
- A strong team player with entrepreneurial drive.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Founded in 1942, Moravian Academy is the ninth oldest independent school in the United States, and is a highly regarded, co-educational college preparatory school for students from 3 years old through 12th grade. Located on three campuses in the beautiful Lehigh Valley, conveniently accessible to Philadelphia, New Jersey and New York as well as the picturesque Pocono Mountains. Moravian Academy comprises over 900 students and 200 employees from across the region on three campuses, each one tailored to a distinct student experience and culture:
- Moravian Downtown Campus for Grades PS-8, inside the national historic landmark in the heart of the City of Bethlehem;
- Swain School Campus for Grades PS-8, a 22-acre contemporary campus in the beautiful west end of Allentown;
- Merle-Smith Campus for Upper School, Grades 9-12, situated on 120 acres of bucolic green expanse in Bethlehem Township.
Moravian Academy’s mission empowers us to become limitless learners as we discover new ideas and create new self-expressions. We do more than check boxes; we celebrate the unique potential of every individual. Our path to academic excellence harnesses the teachable moments of both success and failure, as we explore the complexities of our world with curiosity, confidence, and compassion. Our commitment to courageous conversations means that we actively learn from and support the different identities we embody, we respect each other’s views, and we lead with head and heart. Immersed in an environment of love and understanding, our students answer the questions: Who am I and who can I become?
POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Moravian Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, order of protection status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge from military service, or citizenship status, or any other legally protected category in connection with its activities as an employer. Moravian Academy also subscribes to the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (“PAIS”) and the National Association of Independent Schools’ (“NAIS”) principles of good practice regarding employment of personnel.
Start Date: July 1, 2023 or sooner [The current Director is finishing full time employment in mid-February 2023, so we are also open to an earlier start date depending on the availability of the successful candidate.]
For best consideration, please send a cover letter and resume with three references ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connections working at Moravian Academy
About Moravian Academy
Moravian Academy, located in historic Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is a PK through 12th grade coeducational college preparatory school and the ninth oldest independent school in the United States. Founded in 1742, Moravian Academy continues to be a school in motion. After a recent merger with The Swain School, Moravian Academy comprises 900 students and 200 employees. The extensive facilities are located on three campuses which together are the premier choice for independent education in the Lehigh Valley region. Each campus possesses a distinct culture and setting:
The Downtown Campus for Grades P-8 inside the national historic landmark district that is at the heart of the City of Bethlehem;
The Merle Smith Upper School Campus for Grades 9-12, situated on 120 acres of green expanse in Bethlehem Township, approximately 7 miles from downtown Bethlehem;
The Swain School for grades PK-8 with a 22-acre contemporary campus in the beautiful west end of Allentown, approximately 25 minutes from the Bethlehem campuses.