Location: Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits at WFS:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
Need-based Responsive Tuition available for Employee Children.
Paid Time Off and School Holidays.
403(b) Retirement Plan.
Westfield is committed to each employee’s professional growth and development. Westfield Friends School seeks to help employees stay current in their fields and advance in terms of their professional development through opportunities such as:
Participation in a professional development program featuring internal and external facilitators and experts.
Funding for professional organization memberships.
Sponsorship to attend and present at professional conferences, panels, and forums.
Financial assistance for employees seeking advanced degrees and coursework to support their professional growth.
Partnership in a new faculty orientation and peer coaching.
4 Year Degree
2 openings available.
Westfield Friends School seeks a talented, experienced educator. Westfield is in a multi-year process of expanding its preschool program. The three-year-old class will be moving into a new building for the 2023-2024 school year. Each preschool class operates with two lead teachers and one to two assistants. The ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues will be crucial for the successful candidate. Familiarity with the Reggio Emila approach to student learning will be important.
Westfield Friends School teachers are committed to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in their classrooms. They engage in ongoing professional development in order to further the school’s mission. Within this collaborative community of colleagues, the Preschool teacher will develop and implement play-based, developmentally appropriate curricula in a variety of areas, partner and communicate regularly and effectively with parents, and assist with admissions.
Preschool Lead Teacher Responsibilities: Work collaboratively with the Preschool team in co-creating the program and ensuring the development and learning of each child in the class. Together you will:
- Develop a child-centered, play-based, program with an emphasis on building on children's innate sense of curiosity
- Create a classroom environment that fosters a deep sense of belonging through fostering a diverse, socially just, inclusive, and equitable learning environment for children and their families
- Encourage children’s affinity for the natural world through exploration of Westfield’s 8-acre campus
- Monitor and document student’s development and progress
- Communicate regularly with parents and guardians through email, brief conversations, newsletters, conferences, and progress reports.
Preschool Lead Teacher Requirements:
- BA or BS degree required; specialization in early childhood education preferred, advanced degree a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant classroom teaching experience in early childhood or early elementary education
- Proficiency in Google Suite for schools.
- Strong communication skills used to build partnerships with families and the Preschool team of teachers
- Able to meet varied tasks and responsibilities with integrity, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, and humor
- A demonstrated commitment to enhancing an inclusive school community based on cultural competence, commitment to social justice, and respect for all voices
- Strong affinity for the mission of Westfield Friends School and an educational philosophy consistent with the school’s Quaker beliefs.
- Commitment to continuous professional learning
- While not required, candidates with a background in supporting children with learning differences would be a plus
Interested, qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and educational philosophy, including an outline of your professional development and/or belief statement in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to: Dr. Margaret Haviland, Head of School. firstname.lastname@example.org
Connections working at Westfield Friends School
About Westfield Friends School
Westfield Friends School is an independent, Quaker, co-educational, preschool to grade 8 school located minutes from Philadelphia in Cinnaminson, NJ. Situated on a beautiful 8-acre campus, Westfield’s committed faculty and staff believe the world we seek for children begins here.