Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Type: Full Time
Salary: $20 - $24 per hour
Kentucky Country Day is seeking a driven, personable candidate to join our team as a Facility Events Associate. The Facility Events Associate is critical to KCD’s after hours staff coordination for ongoing venue and event rentals and technical support for concerts, plays, performances, parties, movies, community-sponsored events, and more. This position requires an energetic, dedicated, and customer service minded person to help facilitate and meet the needs of our facility programming and rentals, as well as the needs of our rental client, patrons, guests, and guest artists.
This position is a full-time, year round position. A flexible schedule is required, including regular weekday office hours with some evening and weekend work. Hours may vary during the week and weekends depending on event scheduling needs but will require working on Sundays (7:00am - 4:00pm).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, analyze situations and respond quickly to deliver effective solutions.
- Basic understanding of theater sound. Including patching, EQ, mixing, and integration of speakers/monitors, mics, and wireless systems, as well as cable-dressing and organization.
- Basic understanding of theater lights.
- Thorough understanding of pin-rail system safety and operation.
- Participate fully as a team member to assist as needed in completing all functions ensuring successful event space set-up, break-down and turn-around.
- Collaborate and work closely with Facilities Director, Facilities Rental Coordinator and Theater Director to discuss upcoming events, needs and report event issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of customer service and events management experience preferred.
- Experience in theater technical needs, use and maintenance of lighting and sound equipment is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Always represent KCD professionally and positively.
- Ability to lift/move 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume for serious consideration. Preferred application deadline is February 24, 2023.
Kentucky Country Day School offers a comprehensive benefit package to all eligible, full-time employees the first day of hire, which includes a 50% tuition discount.
Connections working at Kentucky Country Day School
About Kentucky Country Day School
Your Journey at Kentucky Country Day School (KCD) begins on our 80-acre campus in Louisville, home to the best academic program in the region as well as boundless opportunities in fine arts, athletics, and extracurriculars.
KCD's mission describes our program and goals: Kentucky Country Day School challenges its students to achieve their highest level of academic excellence and to grow into honorable men and women of confidence and integrity. We inspire personal growth through a diverse community and participation in arts, athletics, and community service. By doing so, Kentucky Country Day School prepares its students to live successful lives and make meaningful contributions to society. This mission is summed up in our motto: Citizen, Scholar, Steward.