Location: White Plains, New York
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
WESTCHESTER MIDDLE SCHOOL
The Windward School seeks an experienced Communications Associate to join our Marketing and Communications team. The Communications Associate plays a key role in carrying out the communications initiatives of The Windward School. Working closely with and directly supporting the Director and Associate Director of Marketing & Communications, the Communications Associate works collaboratively across multiple departments and functions and with external vendors to execute and manage effective and brand-affirming communications projects that engage the school community and advance The Windward School mission.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Become proficient in all Marketing and Communications platforms and software.
- Execute communication strategies and campaigns as outlined by the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications and/or Director.
- Foster relationships across School departments to help develop clear lines of communication organization wide.
- Schedule photo and video shoots on and off campus as instructed by the Associate Director and/or Director.
- Attend on-campus events as a representative of the Marcom team; take photos and notes for website or publication stories.
- Maintain the website, including completing day-to-day updates and copy changes, and assist with monthly analytics reporting.
- Assist in the execution of Windward’s social media strategy on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and any other channels necessary.
- Organize, edit, and maintain Windward’s digital photo and video archive, as well as the organization’s overall archives, as needed.
- Draft media releases, supervise listings and develop media kits.
- Coordinate campus media visits, schedules, and deliverables.
- Initiate, plan and supervise media promotions.
- Track school-related matters published in the media.
- Contribute to measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing and communications efforts (website, email, social media) through metrics and analytics.
- Oversee monthly correspondence and manage the “Communications” inbox.
- Draft and edit social posts and other communication material.
- Develop promotional communication materials such as printouts, pamphlets, and Webpages in coordination with staff.
- Serve as communications liaison to internal and external audiences requesting assistance.
- Manage constituent database online and distribution lists for emails; provide user training as well as assistance for logins and settings; ensure database accuracy and participate in annual database update process.
- Contribute towards company image through public appearances and departmental planning.
- Assist with budget adherence and purchase order processing record.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent project management, organization, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to understand, capture, tell, and depict stories that convey the mission and tone of The Windward School.
- Experience with design and communications software (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Finalsite, Constant Contact).
The Windward School Mission
Windward is a coeducational, independent day school dedicated to providing a proven instructional program for children with language-based learning disabilities. The multisensory curriculum is designed for students of average to superior intelligence who can benefit from the unique educational experience provided. Through direct instruction in small class settings, a trained staff assists students to improve their language skills. Academic success, combined with opportunities for social and emotional growth within an intentionally diverse and inclusive setting, enables students to understand their learning differences, build confidence, and develop self-advocacy skills. Windward is committed to helping students achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to a mainstream educational environment. To meet these goals, the School provides ongoing training to its faculty based on the most current research and shares its expertise with the parent body, other educators, and the broader community.
The Windward School Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Mission & Vision
At The Windward School, we are committed to a world where every child with a language-based learning disability is empowered to achieve unlimited success – a vision fulfilled by disrupting the educational status quo. The Windward School deliberately builds both its curriculum and culture to foster a powerful sense of belonging through a research-based program that is authentically inclusive and a community in which everyone is seen in their full humanity. ?
The Windward School aspires to bring forth students who are culturally engaged critical thinkers, confident self-advocates who understand and celebrate their differences, and upstanders who identify and challenge all forms of injustice. Windward is committed to these values and expectations of its community members by embracing the importance of ongoing anti-oppression dialogue and critical conversations; by advancing educational equity in underrepresented communities, especially those historically marginalized by society; and by working to ensure that our program is accessible to all who need it.