Location: San Diego, California
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Exciting Opportunity at Francis Parker School in San Diego, California
Francis Parker School is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate educator who shares its core values: Students First, Academic Excellence, Global Perspective, Strength of Character, Inclusive Community, and No Limit to Better. Collegial and collaborative, Parker faculty create a learning environment that is dynamic and engaging. Parker faculty are content and pedagogical experts who invest in professional growth generously supported by the School. Importantly, Parker’s unswerving commitment to being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community creates a culture of respect for all.
If Parker’s values and school culture resonate with you, we encourage you to consider this opportunity.
About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1315 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
Francis Parker School seeks an enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate teacher to teach our oldest students on the Lower School campus.
- Daily classroom instruction; including planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner, with experience in differentiating instruction
- Prioritizing and examining inclusive curricula, teaching practice and environment
- Providing regular and timely feedback to students about the trajectory of their learning
- Ongoing communication and conferencing with parents
- Conferencing with students and colleagues as required
- Weekly collaboration with the grade level team ensuring horizontal alignment and consistent assessment practices across the grade.
- Active participation in the curricular improvement of the department
- Willingness to initiate or participate in co-curricular activities such as Mathletes and History Day
- Attend 5th grade outdoor education camp
- Standing duties as assigned
- Setting, reviewing and achieving professional goals
- Prepare students for middle school
- Bachelor's degree, an advanced degree is desirable
- Teaching credential
- Prior upper elementary school teaching experience is required
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- demonstrate strong instructional and classroom management skills; have an understanding of Responsive Classroom practices
- Culturally responsive teaching and experience with the Learning for Justice “Social Justice Teaching Standards” is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and cultural competency skills when working with students, parents, faculty, and School leadership
- A strong and sincere commitment to professional development both in pedagogy and content areas including an understanding of Singapore Math and Balanced Literacy principles
- A proficiency in the application of educational technology practices
- Commitment to being a positive and contributing member of the professional community
- A desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Genuinely love to work with children and educators at the elementary level.
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School uses a salary scale that is based on educational degree and years of experience. Salary Range: $64,480 - $120,000 per year.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, creed, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
If interested in the position, please fill out the electronic Francis Parker School Employment Application HERE. You will need to upload the following documents during this process: a cover letter, resume and transcripts.
If you CANNOT or DO NOT wish to submit your application through the link above, a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and a completed employment application should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
Please find the PDF of our employment application here: find it here
Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line.