Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Athletic Coach — Boys' Lacrosse Head Coach
St. Anne’s-Belfield in Charlottesville, VA is seeking a Varsity Boys’ Lacrosse Head Coach beginning in the 2023-24 year. Candidates for this position will be considered either as a part-time, stipended coach or in conjunction with a full-time staff or faculty position, depending on the strengths and interests of the candidates and the needs of the School.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Boys’ Lacrosse Head Coach will be someone who subscribes to the philosophy that the lacrosse program must work alongside other sports as a complement to the entire Saints Athletics department. The successful candidate views sports as a classroom, and takes seriously their role in helping student-athletes develop and hone their skills in teamwork, leadership, perseverance, and good sportsmanship.
As a member of the Virginia Prep League (VPL), St. Anne’s has a rich academic and athletic tradition. The head coach will be joining a lacrosse program that spans more than 50 years, and has been a cornerstone of Saints Athletics since its inception.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting research and analyzing previous games to assist in developing practice and game plans.
- Determining individual player abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and factoring these into the season competitions and strategy sessions in conjunction with our lacrosse staff.
- Support team rules and regulations and ensure players are familiar with them.
- Assist in organizing team-building sessions and activities off the field.
- Fostering good sportsmanship in all team players and in all phases of athletic participation.
- Assist in managing and supervising athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, and respect.
- Assist in supporting student-athletes in the recruiting process if they have the desire to play at the next level.
- Encouraging players to engage in other Saints sports programs.
- Using a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in field hockey.
- Taking all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Lacrosse coaching experience is required.
- Passion for lacrosse and comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of the game.
- Experience creating a positive culture surrounding a team
- Extensive knowledge of current coaching techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of VISAA rules that apply to lacrosse.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct, relate to, teach, and supervise student-athletes on and off the field.
- Strong communication, management, motivational, interpersonal, and strategizing skills.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Ability to utilize technology is required.
- Skilled at spoken and written communication.
- Embraces a high level of accountability.
- Ability to assess players effectively.
- Professionally calm and motivationally intense.
- A progressive thinker but a believer in planning and preparation.
- Cares about character, team, and staff.
- Able to function at a high capacity in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be consistent in decision making is a premium.
Interested candidates should send their resume to The Finney Search Group at: https://www.thefinneysearchgroup.com/stab-laxhc-application
Connections working at St. Anne's-Belfield School
About St. Anne's-Belfield School
For more than 100 years, St. Anne's-Belfield School (Charlottesville, Virginia) has fostered an educational community that nurtures the development of advanced skills, abilities, and knowledge, supports high personal aspirations, and develops exemplary, ethical, and engaged citizens who positively impact the world. Just as we push our students to strive for their best, we believe that as an institution we must always adapt, grow, and change to fulfill this vision. Our Core Purpose is to inspire and prepare the next generation of exemplary citizens and visionary leaders.
We at St. Anne's-Belfield School believe it is the quality and passion of our people that set us apart. We seek to hire the best teachers, administrators, and staff members by offering a competitive benefits package and providing a wonderful working environment. If you are a highly-motivated, organized self-starter, then we want you to join our team.
St. Anne's-Belfield School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Anne’s-Belfield School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational, admission, financial aid program, employment policies, or any other programs administered by the School.