Location: Carlsbad, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $57,652 to $114,412
Compensation is based on years of experience, education, and other factors.
Teacher of Math
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Start Date: August 9, 2023
Pacific Ridge School seeks an engaging, passionate, and collaborative teacher of mathematics. Well-qualified candidates will have strong content and pedagogical knowledge, a commitment to ongoing professional learning and growth, enthusiasm for student-centered instruction in Harkness classrooms, and a readiness to support the school’s signature Global Education Program by chaperoning a year-end, domestic or international trip. Collaboration is a core element of the professional experience at Pacific Ridge School. We seek candidates who are excited to work on grade-level, departmental, and co-teaching teams. Outside of the classroom, this full-time position will contribute to the co-curricular program by advising a group of students as well as leading a club, service learning group, or affinity group.
In a community that fosters academic excellence, ethical responsibility, and global engagement, Pacific Ridge School prepares students for college and a purposeful life.
As a community that is committed to valuing and supporting all identities and experiences, Pacific Ridge School strives to foster inclusivity and equity to prepare students for life in a diverse society.
Commit to Learning - Acknowledge Views Beyond Our Own - Own Our Outcomes - Care for Our Community
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and teach a course of study that challenges and supports students in their learning
- Assess student learning and provide regular feedback
- Collaborate with colleagues on the development and implementation of curriculum
- Work in partnership with families, students, and colleagues
- Communicate with students and parents in a timely and professional manner
- Fulfill all professional responsibilities, such as chaperoning on-campus events, attending faculty meetings, and participating in parent-student-teacher conferences
- Participate in Global Education Program by chaperoning a trip each year (international or domestic)
- Contribute to the co-curricular program by leading an advisory, club, service learning group, and/or affinity group as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum three years teaching experience preferred, ideally at the secondary school level
- Ability to teach across the curriculum in the middle school and the upper school
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Eagerness to work with colleagues in a highly-collaborative setting
Pacific Ridge School offers a comprehensive benefits package, including TIAA retirement benefits, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid time off, and free, daily catered lunch.
Pacific Ridge School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at: https://www.pacificridge.org/about/employment-opportuntiies
Connections working at Pacific Ridge School
About Pacific Ridge School
Pacific Ridge School is a college preparatory co-educational independent school, offering a rich and challenging program to 685 students in grades 6-12. Pacific Ridge School opened in 2007; finished its permanent high school building in 2010, and its athletic center in 2012. We opened a permanent middle school/administration building and STEAM Arts and Technology Center in 2015. Most recently, we completed our gorgeous Innovation Center & Library. Please visit our website at https://www.pacificridge.org/ for more information on our mission and programs.