Location: West Bloomfield, Michigan
Type: Full Time
Salary: $40,000 - $47,000
4 Year Degree
Student Life Coordinator
Frankel Jewish Academy (FJA) is currently accepting applications for the position of Student Life Coordinator for the 2022-2023 school year to plan, organize and implement extracurricular and experiential education opportunities.
We are seeking candidates who are experienced in and dedicated to experiential Jewish learning and Jewish identity building. We are looking for a creative, energetic, dynamic, organized, and driven individual who will be responsible for overseeing and implementing all Student Life programming at FJA. The Student Life Coordinator will work to create an atmosphere of Jewish celebration in the School and form meaningful connections with students. Responsibilities include:
- Planning and executing 4-5 Shabbatonim a year
- Coordinating all programming for Jewish holidays
- Planning, executing and attending experiential trips
- Develop and cultivate strong student leadership
- Decorating and enhancing the school décor to reflect the Jewish calendar
- Guide Student Government
- Plan and facilitate student led activities
- Oversee National Honor Society
- Monitor Community Service Program
- Facilitate student clubs
- Plan and implement weekly all-school assemblies
- Facilitate and attend Friday student feedback lunches
- In conjunction with the college counselor and social worker, plan and implement freshmen seminars to support student success.
- Implement school fundraisers in conjunction with student government, NHS, etc.
- Plan and participate in parent meetings
- Oversee senior class events
- Plan and implement the new student orientation
- Collaborating and working with the faculty and administration to articulate and implement a vision of experiential education in the school, both inside and outside the classroom
- Serve as an ambassador for the school by attending open houses and participating in recruitment events
Prospective candidates must:
- Have experience running school or camp programs.
- Skilled in motivating and leading students.
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
- Support the religious mission of the school.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with parents, staff, and students.
Compensation and Benefits
FJA offers a warm and supportive working environment with competitive salary and benefits along with holiday breaks and 28 days of paid time off. This is a full-time 12-month position.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com. In the subject title, please write, “Student Life coordinator.” You may also fax these forms to 248.592.0022.
Frankel Jewish Academy is a non-profit private secondary academy. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or pregnancy), disability, religion, national origin or genetic information.
To find out more about Frankel Jewish Academy, visit our website at www.frankelja.org.