Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Position: Middle School Spanish Teacher, 2023-24 school year
Reporting Line: Reports to Middle School Division Head
All Saints Academy was founded in 1966 as St. Paul's Episcopal Parish School under Father Gilbertson and Father Sturrup of Saint Paul's Episcopal Church. The school did not adopt its current name until 1993, when the middle and upper school portions of the facility were added, extending the grades serviced to grade twelve.
Inspiring independent thinkers, principled leaders, and humble learners.
All Saints Academy exemplifies Judeo-Christian values within an Episcopal tradition. We welcome students of all racial, cultural, and religious backgrounds striving to maximize each student's unique potential by instilling a sense of worth that comes with a purpose, direction, commitment, and success.
All Saints Academy, a coeducational day school of over 650 students in grades PS2 through 12 in Winter Haven, FL, seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic full-time Spanish language instructor. This teacher should be able to teach middle school Spanish courses and have a passion for working with students in grades 6-8.
The All Saints Academy World Languages Department enriches students’ lives by preparing them to communicate in a multicultural world. Our vision and practices support a growth mindset by teaching students to value mistakes as opportunities for learning. The aim of World Languages is to develop students’ communicative competence through listening, speaking, reading, writing, and cultural awareness. The faculty of the World Languages Department focuses on valuing the contributions of each class member, inspiring independent and collaborative problem-solving, and making intentional connections to the world. Candidates must have the desire and ability to develop meaningful and productive relationships with students from diverse backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a positive and safe classroom environment, utilizing effective classroom management strategies
- Plan, develop, and deliver daily lessons that support the World Language Department’s curricular goals and philosophy
- Design formative and summative assessments that provide timely feedback on student learning
- Integrate executive function skills into classroom procedures and expectations
- Build an engaging culture of learning in the classroom that promotes self-motivation, responsibility, and honors diverse perspectives
- Work to align the curriculum across courses and divisions through a collaborative process
- Collaborate with colleagues as a member of the middle school team
- Serve as an advisor to a small group of middle school students
- Implement weekly lessons in Advisory that promote a positive school culture and student growth
- Be available for extra help during designated times
- Sponsor two weekly Community Time opportunities; examples range from Board Game Club to Science Olympiad to regular academic assistance
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as grading assignments in a timely manner, writing meaningful comments in the online grading portal, and maintaining organized resources in the learning management system
- Integrate instructional technology in meaningful ways
- Communicate and collaborate with families to support student learning
- Attend and contribute to weekly faculty meetings
- Contribute to community-wide supervision and chaperoning duties as assigned
- Promote a culture of data-informed instruction
- Devote time and effort to ongoing professional growth
- Uphold professional standards of personal presentation, punctuality, professional courtesy, and discretion
- Support and model ASA’s mission and core values
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Spanish or Spanish language education
- Preferred 3+ years of teaching experience at the middle school level
- Familiarity with the American Council on Teaching Foreign Languages (ACTFL) and I Can Statements strongly preferred
- Google Suite experience preferred
Connections working at All Saints Academy
About All Saints Academy
All Saints Academy is conveniently located between Lakeland and Winter Haven in Polk County. Our beautiful 60-acre campus is home to dynamic learning spaces, on-site athletic facilities, and a dedicated Chapel. ASA’s highly qualified faculty fosters self-discipline, sparks enthusiasm, and encourages the academic success and well being of each student. The faculty, administration, and support staff work together as a team to inspire independent thinkers, principled leaders, and humble learners.