Location: Seattle, Washington
Type: Full Time
WHO WE ARE
The mission of Hamlin Robinson School (HRS) is to ignite the academic and creative potential of students with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences. Since its founding in 1983, HRS stands as the only school in the state of Washington exclusively serving the unique academic and social/emotional needs of students with dyslexia. It is our vision for students who struggle in traditional settings to experience the classroom as a welcoming and safe place for learning.
WHO YOU ARE
You are collaborative, resilient, flexible, diplomatic, confident, patient, and possess a sense of humor and professional presence.
You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or equivalent working experience.
You possess knowledge and experience in payroll management and process, benefits reconciliation and Accounts Payable.
You have proven computer skills using ADP, as well as standard Microsoft applications.
You are organized and motivated with the ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple projects and deadlines.
You have excellent communication skills.
You are comfortable working with staff, faculty, students, and families.
You love to innovate, connect with community, and build relationships.
You maintain confidentiality.
Position: Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports to: Controller
- Maintain payroll database including gathering and auditing timekeeping data and inputting new hires, leave times, terminations, personal information changes such as address or name, pay/deduction adjustments.
- Process monthly payroll ensuring that employee deductions are entered accurately, and direct deposits are made as instructed.
- Work with payroll system support to troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Manage employee time and attendance reporting.
- Ensure that out-sourced payroll and benefits-related tax filings are complete, accurate, and filed on time.
- Verify all quarterly and yearly tax reports related to payroll are filed.
- Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs
- Handling accounts payable for vendors
- Ensure all vendor tax ID information (W-9) is up to date and included in vendor profiles for year-end 1099 processing
- Analyzing workflow processes
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensuring bills and payroll are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Processing due invoices for payments
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
Hamlin Robinson School has been at the forefront of serving students with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences for almost 40 years. Our purpose is to fill an unaddressed gap in the K-12 education system failing to adequately address the learning needs of up to 20% of the student population; those with dyslexia and unexplained reading challenges.
Our program is in high demand because of our reputation and record of success with students who learn differently, and our specially trained faculty who teach students accordingly. HRS utilizes the most effective known method of whole-class literacy instruction, which is a comprehensive, multi-sensory approach adaptive to the full curriculum of the school. Most importantly, students learn in the way suiting their needs. For many, HRS is the first place they experience success, confidence, pride, and a sense of belonging in school. And for parents, it is the first time they witness their student enjoying school. Hamlin Robinson School values diversity and welcomes the unique contributions of people from all backgrounds, gender identities, learning styles, physical abilities, and sexual orientations.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Position Classification: Exempt
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b (up to 7% employer match), Life insurance, Pet insurance, and long-term disability.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to:
Bart Brosten, Controller, He/Him
Hamlin Robinson School
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist” in the subject line.
Connections working at Hamlin Robinson School
About Hamlin Robinson School
Founded in 1983, Hamlin Robinson School is an independent, non-profit school offering a comprehensive educational program to serve students in grades 1-8 with dyslexia and other language related difficulties. The core philosophy of Hamlin Robinson is that all children can reach their full potential given appropriate teaching methods and atmosphere. The school is embarking on an ambitious strategic plan that includes moving to a new location in central Seattle, increasing enrollment, and expanding the academic program. A successful major gifts program and eventual capital campaign will be critical to the implementation of this vision.
Hamlin Robinson School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HRS values diversity and welcomes the unique contributions of people from all backgrounds, gender identities, learning styles, physical abilities and sexual orientation.