Location: Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Steamboat Mountain School offers a rich and comprehensive benefits package.
Salary range $42,000 - 55,000 depending on experience
Medical including short term disability
Retirement contribution match after one year of service
Tuition remission benefits after two years of service
Summer vacation, most holidays, and all school vacations
4 Year Degree
We are seeking a dynamic and collaborative full-time lower school teacher for the 23-24 school year. Primary responsibilities will be in planning and teaching project-based units and lessons that encompass both social studies and science content and themes. The LS teacher will report directly to the K-8 Director and will be responsible for developing curriculum, designing lessons, and engaging students in high-quality learning. The ideal candidate has at least five years of experience teaching science, STEAM, social studies, and environmental education to elementary-aged students. Candidates should be familiar with differentiated instruction so that each child has the opportunity to do work that is appropriately challenging. Further, interested applicants should be knowledgeable in the fields of science and social studies, passionate about working with children, and have experience with project-based learning.
- Create units and lesson plans that prioritize student engagement and individual needs using student-centered, inquiry-based approaches.
- Prepare lessons and develop curricula that will engage students while employing a variety of teaching methods and differentiated instruction to engage a range of learners.
- Maintain accurate records of student growth and communicate progress with families.
- Create a classroom culture that is engaging, student-centered, and effectively managed.
- Participate in outdoor education trips throughout the year.
- Engage in regular supervisory duties including recess.
- Attend faculty meetings and professional development days.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and through self-selected professional growth activities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in elementary education with a passion for STEAM, science, and social studies. Master’s degree preferred.
- Interest in outdoor education, place-based activities, and project-based learning
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, the ability and desire to work collaboratively, and dedication to continuously developing and practicing cultural competence in one’s teaching are also essential.