Location: Millbrook, New York
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
4 Year Degree
Serving approximately 190 students in pre-kindergarten through the eighth grade, Dutchess Day School is seeking an experienced full-time Director of Athletics & Physical Education for the 2022-2023 school year.
The Director of Athletics & Physical Education will plan and organize, lead, and execute all aspects of the athletic and physical education programs at Dutchess Day School. This is an important role in the leadership of our overall educational program. Enthusiasm, high energy, a strong work ethic, and impeccable organizational skills are key.
- Set high standards, in alignment with NYSAIS norms for high-performing interscholastic sports programs.
- Review DDS Coaching Handbook for clarity and delineated expectations for leadership on each team.
- Ensure all athletic teams have two coaches
- Conduct routine coaching meetings to ensure clarity and consistency
- Work in concert with athletic directors from other schools to schedule balanced interscholastic competitions for three seasons of play.
- Review athletic facilities and equipment to ensure all teams are well-supplied and ready for each season.
- Work in concert with our director of buildings and grounds to ensure all athletic facilities are ready for each season.
- Communicate valuable information regarding practices, games, and special schedules to all constituent groups.
- Coach an athletic team or activity each season
- Physical Education
- Review and continue to develop the physical education curriculum and program
- Teach physical education at multiple levels.
- Work with homeroom teachers to ensure that the P.E. program is in alignment with developmental mile-markers.
Candidates should have 3-5 years of classroom experience and a deep understanding of the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of primary/elementary school students. A bachelor’s degree in education or a related field is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, and is motivated to work collaboratively within a robust teaching team.
Connections working at Dutchess Day School
About Dutchess Day School
Dutchess Day School is an elementary and middle school that provides a strong academic foundation, values children’s natural curiosity, and fosters an enduring enthusiasm for learning. In an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect, students are encouraged to take intellectual, athletic, and artistic risks and to develop independence, confidence, and imagination.
Dutchess Day School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its employment policies, educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.