Location: Potomac, Maryland
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
McLean School (mcleanschool.org), a K-12 co-educational independent school in Potomac, Maryland, seeks applicants for an Annual Giving Fund Manager to begin immediately. This position reports directly to the Director of Development. McLean School has for over sixty-five years been helping bright students realize their full potential by providing a comprehensive college preparatory program that emphasizes small classes and differentiated instruction. Our mission is to make education accessible, stimulating, and meaningful for a broad range of students. Through our Abilities Model®, we embrace both traditional learners and ones with mild to moderate language-based learning challenges. McLean teachers recognize and teach to individual student strengths, responding to areas of challenge, but never defining students by them.
This newly available position will challenge a dynamic and driven professional to grow and sustain giving across the McLean community, expanding our donor giving base, and making an impact as a key player in an emerging culture of philanthropy at McLean. The Annual Giving Fund Manager will raise unrestricted gifts for McLean School to meet annual fundraising dollars and participation goals and will increase the donor base through identification, acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship, which includes donor acknowledgement. Specific responsibilities include planning, implementing, and evaluating the Annual Giving Fund Program which includes individual solicitations, managing parent volunteers, direct mail, text campaigns, phone drives, social media, and other online strategies, data record keeping, and donor recognition for constituents. Responsibilities also include partnering with the Associate Director of Enrollment & Alumni Relations to drive McLean’s Alumni Program as well as the Parent Engagement Coordinator.
The Annual Giving Fund Manager carries out the following essential functions:
Within the mission, policies, and procedures of McLean School, the Annual Giving Fund Manager carries out the following functions:
- Develops a comprehensive multi-channel marketing and donor development program to meet Annual Fund goals, including acquisition, renewals, appeals, monthly giving, upgrades, and tribute gifts. Special emphasis on audience segmentation and integration of mail, email, and website solicitation.
- Implements a written plan with metrics and calendar for all phases of annual giving including direct mailings, phone-a-thons, personal visits, and volunteer engagement.
- Supports overarching goals of the Development Office by coordinating solicitations, communications, and events that maximize giving and participation among current families, alumni, alumni parents, grandparents, Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and friends of McLean to maximize giving and participation.
- Collaborates with the Communications & Marketing Office, to write all fundraising materials including emails, brochures, letters, newsletters, case documents, and correspondence and implements regular communications with contributors about how donor funds are being used, recognizing specific donors or groups of donors, and informing them of ongoing giving opportunities.
- Establishes a comprehensive acknowledgement system at various giving levels to ensure personalization and timeliness of thank you receipts and letters.
- Builds and manages a Parent Peer-to-Peer Volunteer Solicitation team.
- Collaborates with the Associate Director of Enrollment & Alumni Engagement to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni giving.
- Works closely with the Database Management Consultant to provide key reporting and leverage Raiser’s Edge for prospect identification, analysis of key constituents, and accurate reporting used to track dollars raised, participation, retention, and stewardship.
Qualifications, Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least three years of annual giving or related fundraising experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Familiarity with use of social media for fundraising
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and spreadsheets
- CRM experience, particularly Raiser’s Edge, preferred
- A charismatic, experienced, action-oriented individual who creates enthusiasm in giving.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage and lead professional and volunteer staff, including recruiting, training, and professional development.
McLean School is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, genetic status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please contact Executive Support Manager, Robin Speller.
Interested applicants should fill out an online Application, and upload their cover letter, résumé, and list of references.