Location: Columbia, Maryland
Type: Full Time
Do you have what it takes to make this a summer our campers will never forget? We are looking for engaging, energetic camp counselors to lead our campers through our summer camp filled with fun and adventure!
Summer Camp 2023 is scheduled from June 12th - August 18th.
Responsibilities of the Summer Camp Counselor include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate games, activities, and discussions that encourage campers to appreciate and respect themselves and others
- Provide a nurturing, safe, fun learning environment for campers
- Supervise campers on field trips to the pool and other weekly venues
- Share your unique experiences, talents, and skills with our community
- Minimum of HS Diploma or Equivalent
- 45 Hours of Child Growth and Development
- 45 Hours of School Age Curriculum
- One year of experience working with school-age children (or 30 college credits)
- Professional Presentation
- US citizen or current work visa
- 19+ years of age
- State of Maryland and FBI background check clearance
WE OFFER a Competitive Compensation package and benefits including:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off accruals
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Discounted Childcare and Tuition
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Educational Training and Tuition Assistance
- Room for advancement and promotional opportunities
- Management and staff who embrace the core values of Columbia Academy: Committed to Community ~ Be Admirable ~ Do the Right Thing ~ Spread Joy ~ Pursue Excellence
Columbia Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Connections working at Columbia Academy
About Columbia Academy
Columbia Academy is a private school in Howard County, Maryland serving children ages six weeks through eighth grade. At Columbia Academy, our premier learning environment encompasses an overall teaching approach that cultivates successful learning opportunities which allow every student to become a responsible, valuable member of his or her community.
Our dedicated teachers develop each student’s greatest potential and keep him or her engaged in a diverse, supportive environment. We include families and the community in our educational process to give our students the fullest possible range of stimulating environments, and nurture a cycle of feedback that leaves no educational gap uncovered.