Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
• Teach two (2) dance courses, one (1) Middle School course and (1) Upper School; specific courses assigned will be a function of departmental need and candidate’s expertise;
• Assist with (3) three courses of dance, covering 6th – 12th Grade;
• Serve as Choreographer for the Performing Arts Department. Productions include but not limited to Upper School Musical, Middle School Musical and the 5th Grade Musical;
• Assist Director of Dance with designing/creating and choreographing the annual dance production in the second semester.
• A bachelor’s degree in Dance/Choreography/Musical Theatre/Performing Arts or related field; Master’s degree preferred. Commiserate Professional experience also considered;
• Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience; independent school experience preferred;
• Strong commitment to students’ progress, success, and social-emotional well-being;
• Commitment to student-centered pedagogies and authentic assessments;
• Knowledge of current best practices in Middle School and Upper School education;
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues--a team player;
• Openness to and enthusiasm for learning and professional growth;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
Connections working at The John Cooper School
About The John Cooper School
School Type: Independent, college preparatory, non-sectarian, non-profit, co-educational day school for grades PK through 12Founded: 1988; first graduating class – 1994; alumni - 1,479Location: The Woodlands, TX, a planned community 40 miles north of HoustonAccreditation: Accredited by The Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS); member of The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).