Location: Los Angeles, California
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School Performing Arts Technical Manager
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Middle School Performing Arts Technical Manager. We are looking for individuals with a degree in theater production or a related field who have experience working in an academic setting with Middle or Upper School students. Experience working specifically in independent, public, private, or charter schools, is a plus.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Serve as the production manager, sound engineer, lighting and projection designer for the theater, dance, and music programs
- Assist faculty and administration with technology for presentations
- Train and supervise students in best practices for stage management, lighting production, and sound production while ensuring a safe and efficient execution of these elements
- Work closely with performing arts faculty and students on the execution of their designs
- Collaborate with faculty directors on their vision
- Maintain the performing arts facilities and equipment with the performing arts faculty
- Have knowledge of Vectorworks, Arkaos, Qlab, as well as ETC Ion lighting console and Shure wireless microphone system
- Utilize experience with electrical wiring, carpentry, and rigging to set lighting, sound, and video equipment
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Have working knowledge of set construction and basic carpentry skills
- Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one's growth, knowledge, and skills
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Middle School Director or the Senior Administrative Team
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
The salary range for this position is based on annual $70,00 - $90,00 and will be prorated according to the period of time the candidate is employed in this role.
COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school may be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Director of the Middle School
Connections working at Brentwood School
About Brentwood School
Mission & ValuesBrentwood School is a vibrant and diverse community whose purpose is to promote personal and intellectual growth. We provide challenging, engaging programs in a nurturing learning environment, devoting care and attention to every student. Embracing high standards of character, commitment, and achievement. Brentwood School encourages students to think critically and creatively and to act ethically. In its relatively short history, Brentwood School has grown to be one of the premier independent day schools in Southern California. Founded as a non-profit corporation in 1972, Brentwood School acquired the Brentwood Military Academy, which had existed since 1902. Brentwood School opened in the fall of 1972 as a co-educational, college preparatory day school with grades 6-10. Grade 11 was added in fall 1973, and the school graduated its first senior class in June 1975.