Location: Seattle, Washington
Type: Part Time
Salary: $3,500 - $4,500
stipend range from $3,500 - $4,500
Lakeside School, an independent 5-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle is currently recruiting for a Jumps Coach in its Track & Field program. The season is scheduled to begin Monday, February 27, 2023 and concludes, at the latest, on May 27, 2023. A required orientation meeting will occur on Wednesday, February 15, 3:30-7:30 pm.
The coach, reporting to the running program head, will join an athletics program that includes 25 varsity teams, most of which have both sub-varsity and middle-school counterparts. The track & field program supports a boys and girls varsity team and a Middle School team. The coach will be responsible for coaching duties with their team, as well as other program-wide duties as assigned by the running program head.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Compliance with all Lakeside School, Metro League and WIAA policies and procedures
- Commitment to providing supports, messaging, actions, and opportunities to a diverse student body who come to school with different and evolving lived experiences and levels of preparation as athletes
- Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during team activities
- Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel
- Attendance at required program and interscholastic athletics program meetings
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes
- Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student athletes
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 19 years of age, with a clean driving record preferred
- Availability for weekday practices and competitions beginning at 3:30 pm during their coaching season with availability on weekends as required
- Experience coaching sprints at the club, middle school, high school or college level
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. Candidates will understand different perspectives, interact respectfully with cultures other than their own, and cultivate meaningful relationships with people who have different cultural frameworks
- Possess or obtain prior to the start of the season current First Aid/CPR certification
- Satisfactorily complete three criminal background checks
- Proof of COVID vaccination and booster to human resources. Candidates requesting a medical and/or religious exemption should reach out to Human Resources.
We offer a stipend range from $3,500 - $4,500. Coaching stipends are paid in monthly installments during the primary competition seasons. Other benefits include Lakeside Athletics apparel and access to funds for professional development. Questions about this position may be directed to the director of athletics Sally Revere.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about working at Lakeside, including our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers
page on the Lakeside School website.
Equity in hiring: According to various studies, women and people of color are more likely to not apply for a job if they see themselves as not meeting every requirement of the posting, which means employers miss meeting potentially ideal candidates. Lakeside School is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where employees from diverse cultures are affirmed and equipped to lead an inclusive learning environment for our students. Please apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement.
Connections working at Lakeside School
About Lakeside School
The School’s Mission and shared commitment of all Lakeside employees is to develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society. We provide a rigorous, dynamic academic program through which effective educators lead students to take responsibility for learning. We are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community and in the joy and importance of lifelong learning.