Location: Dedham, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
The Rashi School, the Boston Area’s Reform Jewish Independent School, serving students in grades Pre-K-8 seeks a Middle School English Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. In our warm and inclusive community, children are appreciated for who they are as they learn and develop their identities. With the school’s foundation of rigorous academics and differentiated instruction and a mission rooted in social justice, we want our students to ask the tough questions—not just the who, what, where, but the how, why, and what can I do to fix it? Rashi graduates have the confidence to try new things and to fail forward. With kindness at their core, they become empowered learners, change agents, global Jewish citizens, and good friends.
Rashi’s Middle School seeks to promote students’ academic, social, and emotional growth by nurturing an environment that promotes risk taking, flexibility, adaptability, empathy and resilience. We are looking for educators with a history of positive, caring student-teacher interactions, rich content expertise, and student-centered approaches to join a team of exceptional faculty who utilize a strength based approach to empower students to be their best selves in and out of the classroom. We seek to employ faculty and staff with diverse backgrounds who model our core values (respect, learning, community, spirit and justice) for our students and are eager to support Rashi in fulfilling its mission.
- Cultivate and maintain a healthy and trusting learning environment, encouraging and nurturing relationships with students.
- Guide students in their social-emotional development and in their ability to establish positive and rewarding relationships.
- Teach 2 sections of Grade 6 English and 2 sections of Grade 7 English.
- Lead a Middle School Advisory and participate in all areas of Middle School life.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, the Middle School Learning Specialist, the Middle School Dean of Students, the Head of Middle School, and other relevant staff to support and challenge all learners
- Communicate with families in positive and professional ways including email, phone calls, meetings and parent-teacher conferences.
- Write report cards.
- Meaningfully integrate technologies into the classroom.
- Attend relevant meetings during the school day and faculty meetings on Wednesdays after school.
- Share duties (recess, lunch, etc.) and participate in other aspects of school life set by the Assistant Head of School for Academic Strategy and Assistant Head of School for Academic Operations.
- Continuous learner
- Open to feedback
- Strong communicator
- Demonstrates joy working with middle school students
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Belief in Rashi’s Mission and Core Values
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, English or related field required. Master’s degree in English and/or Education or related fields preferred.
- 5 to 7 years experience teaching, preferably with Middle School students
- Able to sit, stand, type, twist, bend.
- Able to use telephone and computers.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com.
Rashi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Guided by our core values of justice, respect, learning, community, and spirit, and with social justice as a foundational cornerstone of our school, we are committed to building an inclusive community that honors and respects each individual, their varied identities, and their spirit. We seek to listen, learn, and grow together to ensure that we are a place in which all community members can thrive. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, including age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Connections working at The Rashi School
About The Rashi School
The Rashi School is the Boston area's Reform Jewish independent school serving students in grades PK–8. Located in Dedham, Massachusetts, the mission of The Rashi School is to provide a dynamic, child-centered program of academic excellence that integrates rich secular and Jewish studies curricula and nurtures in its students’ critical minds and compassionate hearts.