Location: San Francisco, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Requirements: Master’s Degree or equivalent in teaching
Reports to: Middle School Division Head
Primary Responsibilities: Teach three sections of Grade 6 English and one section of Grade 6 Social Studies; serve as an advisor; collaborate and lesson plan with colleagues to design experiences for students; communicate and partner with parents and grade-level team through advisory program
Hours/Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $70,000-$125,000 (*Salaries at Hamlin are based on years of experience.)
The Hamlin School seeks to hire employees who will support and implement the school’s mission and Creed at all times. Hamlin employees are known for being compassionate, collaborative, and dedicated professionals who treat their colleagues and supervisors with respect and who take seriously the daily care of Hamlin students. As such, Hamlin employees pay close attention to the students’ social-emotional well being, their physical and mental health, and their moral development. Hamlin employees are committed to their own personal and professional growth; thus, they pay close attention to the research and innovations that impact their respective fields. All employees are expected to be flexible thinkers and nimble actors in support of the school’s overarching strategic goals and demonstrate a commitment to their colleagues’ success.
At The Hamlin School, we are committed to a policy of equal employment for all applicants and employees. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, we recruit and hire applicants with diverse backgrounds and with professional experience that shows their commitment to K-8 education and being a contributing member of the community.
- Provide instruction in three sections of Grade 6 English and one section of Social Studies — approx. 18 students per class
- Lead an advisory group of 9-11 students
- Implement curricula as identified in the Curriculum Guide
- Teach with an understanding of the development and growth of middle school girls
- Teach literature from multiple perspectives with an anti-bias lens to create an inclusive classroom community
- Communicate and collaborate with other faculty and staff regarding each girl
- Assess student progress using a variety of methods
- Communicate with parents about the program and student progress
- Attend grade level meetings for collaborative discussion and sharing of student concerns
- Identify materials, resources, and technology needs for program
- Include use of appropriate technology tools and resources for instruction
- Create and update course web pages
- Participate in faculty, division, department, and advisory team meetings, and admissions/school events
- Pursue relevant opportunities for professional growth and development
- Supervise students in other roles such as recess, lunch, field trips, outdoor education, etc.
- Participate in an outdoor education trip for 3-4 nights (additional stipend paid)
- Provide 1:1/small-group student learning support through flex time and other parts of the school day
Connections working at The Hamlin School
About The Hamlin School
The Hamlin School seeks employees who will support and implement the school’s educational mission and live the ethical values expressed in the Hamlin Creed: compassion; courage; honesty; respect; and responsibility. Hamlin employees strive to be self-aware, caring, collaborative, flexible, committed to their professional growth, and dedicated to excellence in education for girls.