Location: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Type: Part Time
Position Purpose: Shipley Day Camp is currently seeking positive, dynamic individuals to join its Summer Day Camp Program as Camp Counselors. Our program offers a wide variety of activities for children ages 5-12 to keep their summer busy, including group games, crafts, music/drama, water play, interactive exhibitions, science/STEM, and special events. Counselors are primarily responsible for serving as positive role models for children during such activities.
- Support the lead counselors to implement a program for campers that emphasizes high-quality activities, recreational opportunities, and enjoyable experiences for campers.
- Assist in the supervision of campers and ensure their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
- Help organize and lead various small and large group activities.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the site.
- Maintain a schedule for campers.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp program including COVID protocols.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Caring, patient, initiative personality
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Previous experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, or working with children preferred
- Ability to problem-solve and mediate
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks outside in various climates
- Willingness to become CPR and First Aid Certified
- Must be 16 years of age or older
Shipley and Its Commitment to Equity
The Shipley School, founded in 1894, is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school currently enrolling 835 students in grades Pre-K through 12. Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the school is committed to educational excellence and dedicated to developing in each student a love of learning and compassionate participation in the world.
The Shipley School is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The school will make all employment decisions for employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, age, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, creed, genetic predisposition, victim of domestic violence or any other basis protected by law.
Interested candidates should send an interest letter and resume via email to Nikki Wiseman at email@example.com.