Location: ATLANTA, Georgia
Type: Full Time
Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School (HIES) is seeking an Upper School Chemistry Teacher beginning in August of 2023. HIES is the country's largest Episcopal Parish day school, offering a fully accredited college preparatory program for students aged three through 12th grade. HIES is located north of downtown Atlanta between I-75 and GA 400.
The Upper School Chemistry Teacher is primarily responsible for teaching traditional, mathematically oriented,laboratory-based courses that provide students with a solid understanding of the coursework in the Upper School Science Department. Previous teaching experience in Science and Chemistry is required.
Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of chemistry and a variety of teaching strategies that promote engagement and understanding of the curriculum.
- Knowledge of a standards-based learning framework, culturally responsive teaching and pedagogy,
- differentiated instruction, and ability to teach all levels from introductory to advanced level.
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Instruct five sections of Upper School Science courses, possibly including Advanced Placement levels.
- Develop lesson plans and monitor student performance.
- Collaborate with colleagues to enhance instructional activities and environment.
- Maintain the chemical storage rooms.
- Update and maintain student academic records and performance metrics.
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and colleagues regarding student progress.
Educational and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background screening, drug testing, and safety training is required.
Connections working at Holy Innocents Episcopal School
About Holy Innocents Episcopal School
Holy Innocents’ is one of the nation's largest Episcopal schools, enrolling 1,376 students in grades K3-12. Here, in a uniquely vibrant learning community, filled with encouragement and every imaginable opportunity, students are able to explore their talents, pursue their passions, and achieve their full potential. At HIES, our students won't be just a scholar or athlete or artist – they can be all of these, and more. Come to HIES. Explore your interests. Engage your talents. Discover the best in you.