Location: ATLANTA, Georgia
Type: Full Time
Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School (HIES) is seeking an Upper School Computer Science Teacher. HIES is the largest Episcopal Parish independent day school in the country, serving 1,400 students and offering a fully accredited college preparatory program for students aged three through 12th grade. HIES is located north of downtown Atlanta between I-75 and GA 400.
The Upper School AP Computer Science Teacher is primarily responsible for teaching Advanced Placement sections that provide students with a solid understanding of the coursework in the Upper School Science Department. Previous teaching experience in advanced-level Computer Science, Math, or Engineering is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of computer programming, data structures, robotics, and related fields and a variety of teaching strategies that promote engagement and understanding of the curriculum.
- Knowledge of a standards-based learning framework, culturally responsive teaching and pedagogy, differentiated instruction, and ability to teach to an advanced level.
- Understanding of the demands and requirements of the curriculum.
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Instruct five sections of Upper School Computer Science courses including AP Level.
- Develop lesson plans and monitor student performance.
- Collaborate with colleagues to enhance instructional activities and environment.
- Update and maintain student academic records and performance metrics
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and colleagues regarding student progress.
- Willingness to serve as a sponsor for the extracurricular robotics club.
Educational and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background screening, drug testing, and safety training is required.
Connections working at Holy Innocents Episcopal School
About Holy Innocents Episcopal School
Holy Innocents’ is one of the nation's largest Episcopal schools, enrolling 1,376 students in grades K3-12. Here, in a uniquely vibrant learning community, filled with encouragement and every imaginable opportunity, students are able to explore their talents, pursue their passions, and achieve their full potential. At HIES, our students won't be just a scholar or athlete or artist – they can be all of these, and more. Come to HIES. Explore your interests. Engage your talents. Discover the best in you.