Location: Savannah, Georgia
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
The Savannah Country Day School is seeking an Admissions Coordinator. Under the close to general supervision of the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Coordinator is responsible for providing exemplary customer service and administrative support to the Admissions office. Typical duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support for the Director and Associate Director of Admissions.
- Processes and responds to admission inquiries and applications utilizing the Blackbaud platform.
- Enters all inquiries/applications and maintains address records in Blackbaud.
- Possesses a keen eye for detail and data integrity.
- Coordinates campus tours and schedules admission appointments with prospective students and families. May lead campus tours as needed.
- Corresponds with the Middle and Upper Schools to confirm student interviews and shadow visits for prospective students.
- Interfaces with current and prospective families, as well as faculty and staff, (in person, by phone, through email) in a timely manner.
- Responsible for responding to admission emails and phone calls.
- Assists with special events and projects when needed, including but not limited to, Prospective Parent Open Houses, Admission Testing days, & New Family events.
- Accurately tracks data and generates ad-hoc reports containing admissions and testing data.
- Performs general office duties, such as mailing, filing, copying, etc.
- Attends office meetings and school events, to include occasional evening/weekend functions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting, technology, or related field.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in a customer service or office environment.
- Demonstrated work experience with database systems and spreadsheet programs, to include data entry and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience utilizing the Blackbaud database platforms, specifically modules related to Admissions.
- Experience working in an Admissions Office or educational institution strongly preferred.
Work is typically performed in an office environment with intermittent sitting, standing, or walking in various settings. The employee occasionally lifts or carries objects of a light-medium weight, up to 25 pounds. Full range of hand and finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Kim King, email@example.com. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and reference check.
Savannah Country Day traces its origins back to the 1905 founding of The Pape School, an institution long recognized for its academic excellence and college preparatory curriculum. Led by a group of visionary parents who saw the continued need for a first-rate college preparatory school in Savannah, the founders of Savannah Country Day built upon the assets of the Pape School and created a school with a recognized tradition of academic excellence across the southeast. Today, Savannah Country Day School is Savannah's preeminent college preparatory school providing a rigorous, yet supportive learning environment for a wide variety of motivated learners. Enrolling over 1000 students ranging from 4 month olds to 12th grade, SCDS is truly a family school. Situated on a beautiful, 65-acre campus on the south side of historic Savannah, Georgia, SCDS has a 6:1 student to teacher ratio, an unparalleled arts program and a full range of athletic and extracurricular opportunities. Significant funds are available for faculty professional development and our faculty average 21 years of experience with 85% of Upper School faculty holding advanced degrees.
Inclusion at Savannah Country Day School
The Savannah Country Day School is guided by the school’s mission statement which includes:
- that each student's life is enriched in a diverse community where differences among people are affirmed and celebrated.
- that the school shares with families the responsibility for fostering in each student strength of character, a sense of personal responsibility, and an attitude of faith, reverence, and tolerance.
SCDS seeks candidates of all cultures and backgrounds who embrace the school’s mission of diversity, are eager to engage in the work of inclusion and have a desire to join a community of diverse individuals who celebrate their similarities while also recognizing their individuality.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Connections working at The Savannah Country Day School
About The Savannah Country Day School
Savannah Country Day School is an Early Childhood–Grade 12 co-educational day school of about 900 students. The school is one of the strongest in the Southeast. Our students go on from SCDS to excel at colleges all over the country. Founded in 1955, the school sits on a beautiful 65-acre campus with numerous classroom buildings, several playing fields, three gymnasiums, and two state-of-the-art libraries. The campus culture is informal and relaxed, but expectations of students are high in all areas. Besides a strong academic program, the school has very strong programs in the fine arts, athletics, and service learning.