Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Type: Full Time
School Profile: The Howard School educates students with language-based learning disabilities and learning differences through instruction designed to complement and address each student’s individual needs, and to help each student understand and advocate for his or her own learning process. The curriculum focuses on the depth of understanding to make learning meaningful and therefore, maximize educational success.
Position Description: The Howard School is seeking an individual with 7+ years of admissions/enrollment management experience. Under the supervision of the Head of School, the Director of Enrollment Management is responsible for all facets of the admissions and re-enrollment processes in the school’s effort to attract, enroll, and retain students who will benefit from the school’s unique mission and programmatic offerings. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Enrollment Management works closely with all departments of the school including Division Principals and Psychologists/Counselor; Director of Language, Literacy, and Assistive Technology; Director of Advancement; Director of Marketing and Communications; Assistant Head of School for Finance and Operations; and the Head of School.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in educating students with learning differences, preferably teaching and/or admissions in independent schools. Display an understanding of the diverse needs of students with learning differences.
- Proven success in a senior administrative role; demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Excellent oral, written, phone and e-mail communication skills; ability to communicate with a wide variety of constituencies; attention to detail, and proven organizational skills are essential.
- Proactive communication skills that demonstrate the trends you are spotting and the strategy you are developing to ensure the best outcomes for the programs, your team and the partnerships you are building.
- Ability to process sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality in all school matters.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability and willingness to support, respect and embrace diverse backgrounds, values, and points of view to build a strong and inclusive community including faculty, staff, students, and constituents.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 preferred
Candidates are invited to visit www.howardschool.org for a more comprehensive job description and apply through email at HR@howardschool.org or post to:
The Howard School
1192 Foster ST, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Howard School is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability/handicap, genetic information, uniform service member status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Connections working at The Howard School
About The Howard School
The Howard School educates students with language-based learning disabilities and learning differences through instruction designed to complement and address each student’s individual needs, and to help each student understand and advocate for his or her own learning process. The curriculum focuses on depth of understanding to make learning meaningful and therefore, maximize educational success.