Location: Fryeburg, Maine
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Fryeburg Academy, a 625-student day and boarding high school in Western Maine and the Mount Washington Valley, seeks a Substitute Coordinator/Testing Coordinator beginning late August 2023. This full-time position involves both coordinating substitute teachers and organizing school-based testing, including coordinating state tests and SAT/PSAT, and proctoring AP exams. Candidates must be highly organized and self-sufficient, and will demonstrate the enthusiastic ability to work with adults and students alike.
Knowledge, Skills, Dispositions:
- A strong belief in independent education, and particularly the mission of Fryeburg Academy
- Outstanding organizational skills
- The ability to effectively substitute teach on short notice
- Excellent people skills
- Developed ability to create, organize, and manipulate spreadsheets
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to work independently
Qualifying Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- All Fryeburg Academy employees are subject to Maine Dept. of Education Criminal History Record Check.
Fryeburg Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit an application, letter of interest, résumé, college transcripts, and three references to Erin Wentworth, Human Resources Manager (email@example.com).
Connections working at Fryeburg Academy
About Fryeburg Academy
Fryeburg Academy is an independent secondary school that serves a widely diverse population of local day students and boarding students from across the nation and around the world. The Academy believes that a strong school community provides the best conditions for learning and growth. Therefore, we strive to create a supportive school environment that promotes respect, tolerance, and cooperation, and prepares students for responsible citizenship. Within this context, the Academy’s challenging and comprehensive academic program, enriched by a varied co-curriculum, provides the knowledge and skills necessary for success in higher education and the workplace.