Location: San Francisco, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000
At San Francisco University High School, we believe that the deepest learning requires collaboration among people who embody a diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. In order to build and sustain a community that is comprised of a wide range of social and cultural identities, we must continually engage in furthering our self-knowledge, equity literacy, and ability to communicate effectively across differences. We challenge ourselves to do this work on both a personal and institutional level, recognizing that our community is part of a larger and more complex world.
San Francisco University High School seeks a full time Assistant Director of College Counseling beginning August 1, 2023. This position reports to the Director of College Counseling. The Assistant Director of College Counseling is an integral member of the College Counseling team and participates in delivering all aspects of our comprehensive program by working closely with students and families, helping to design and deliver student and parent education, and supporting all operational needs of the College Counseling Office.
- Advise approximately 40-45 students and families per class in all aspects of the college search, selection, and application process
- Write comprehensive school letters of recommendation for the college counseling office
- Maintain and contribute to regular email communications with 11th and 12th graders and families
- Participate in organizing and delivering periodic class meetings with 11th and 12th graders
- Meet with college representatives visiting UHS each fall
- Develop and maintain relationships with college admission offices and colleagues
- Participate in planning and implementing day and evening programs for students and/or their parents/guardians; topics may include admissions process, testing, athletics, financial aid, and more
Candidates should have a broad and current understanding of trends in higher education and financial aid, an equity orientation, experience coaching adolescents and their parents, strong writing skills, and a collaborative growth mindset.
Because San Francisco University High School is a college preparatory school, we seek faculty members who are thoroughly educated in their disciplines, who are devoted to the love of learning, who will expand the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives present in our community, and who will contribute to the school's invigorating intellectual climate by promoting our values of care, inquiry, integrity, agency, interconnection. Throughout the school, we seek to hire adults who are stimulating and supportive in their work with students and who share our belief in the moral and educational value of diversity.
Salary range: ($90,000- 110,000 annually).
Connections working at San Francisco University High School
About San Francisco University High School
San Francisco University High School, a college preparatory secondary school, offers an intellectually stimulating, personally enriching, and academically challenging program in the liberal arts and sciences to an able and diverse student body. Standards of excellence guide all aspects of our program and the people engaged in it. We seek to instill in each student the skills and attitudes of the lifelong learner and the responsible, engaged, and productive citizen.