Location: Naples, Florida
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Royal Palm Academy is a joyful, vibrant, independent, and family-oriented Catholic PK-8 school located in beautiful Naples, Florida. We have 315 students, 38 teachers and assistants, and 10 staff members. Our mission is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person, integral formation, which encompasses the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form our students.
IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY. THIS POSITION IS A PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, 12-MONTH ADMIN POSITION. APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree (post-graduate degree preferred) in a related field
- Must be willing to enthusiastically support our school mission: "Royal Palm Academy partners with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. We teach the mind, educate the heart, and form the character of tomorrow's leaders."
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: Catholic or private education, non-profit fundraising, event planning, marketing, or communications
- Willingness to work nights or weekends, as needed to fulfill advancement or event responsibilities.
- Willingness to fully integrate into the life of our school, student life, alumni relations, and family community.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
- This position reports to the Director of Advancement
- Provide leadership support in the areas of Communications, Fundraising, Alumni Engagement, Advancement Events
- Provide direct administrative support to the Head of School and Director of Advancement in the areas of donor identification, solicitation, follow-up, acknowledgement, and recognition.
- Provide leadership support in the achievement of our overall stewardship and donor philanthropy goals.
- Capable of supervising, planning, and executing events in support of fundraising, recruitment, alumni, parents, and families, with minimal oversight
- Capable of drafting high-quality written communications for the Head of School and Director of Advancement
- Provide support to our advancement team maintain a robust and accurate donor database.
- Oversee gift processing, donor acknowledgement, and work with the Director of Advancement to establish guidelines for stewardship of high level donors and donor circles
- Is punctual in attendance, reliable in performance of duties, and dresses professionally
- Help to build a robust Alumni engagement program from the ground up: Alumni events, planning, execution, identification, communications, data collection, etc.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and conduct multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Cheerful demeanor and have a sense of humor
- Ability to conduct tasks while always looking for ways to improve processes
- Eager to embrace current and new projects with a can-do attitude
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience required
- Willingness to assist other members of the Advancement Team for large, time-sensitive projects/events
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Practicing Catholic in good standing is strongly preferred but not a hiring prerequisite
- Candidates with strong written and verbal communication skills are preferred
- Candidates with a marketing background are preferred (but not a hiring prerequisite)
- Candidates with some proficiency in social media engagement are preferred (but not a hiring prerequisite)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND EMOTIONAL DEMANDS INCLUDE:
- Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading
- This position is required to set up for events, assist during events, and help break down events.
- The ability to lift, carry, move, up to 25 pounds; ability to assist during events.
- Must be able to make quick decisions.
- Must be calm in stressful situations.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Must work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Must possess a very high level of attention to detail
- Must be flexible and work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must be able to handle prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV as two electronic documents in Adobe PDF format to Michael Bussman, Head of School, at email@example.com. No phone calls please. For strongest consideration, please include in your email a statement of your background of education and experience makes you a strong candidate who is ready to make an immediate and positive impact on to our growing school and for our students.
ABOUT ROYAL PALM ACADEMY
Royal Palm Academy is an independent, Catholic, pre-kindergarten to eighth grade school in Naples, Florida. Our mission is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person, integral formation, which encompasses the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form our students.
SCHOOL WEBSITE: www.RoyalPalmAcademy.org
Connections working at Royal Palm Academy
About Royal Palm Academy
Royal Palm Academy (RPA) is an independent Catholic Pre-K3 through 8th grade school in Naples, Florida. The school’s approximately 240 students are from Naples as well as neighboring Bonita Springs, Estero, and Fort Myers. Royal Palm Academy was founded in 1997 with the goal of providing academic excellence, spiritual growth, and character development. Royal Palm Academy is a non-diocesan school recognized as a Catholic school by the Diocese of Venice. Royal Palm Academy is accredited by Florida Catholic Conference and Florida Council of Independent Schools.The Mission of Royal Palm Academy is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders.Royal Palm Academy employs an experienced 33 member teaching faculty with combined teaching experience of more than 475 years, with many teachers holding advanced degrees. The administrative staff has extensive experience in both academia and the business world with a combined 89 years of dedicated service to RPA.