Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Stone Ridge is looking for a Technical Director for the Performing Arts to begin in August 2023.
The Technical Director is responsible for managing and implementing the technical requirements of all theater productions and music concerts, managing the technical resources of the performing arts facility, and teaching the Technical Theater Class in the Middle and Upper Schools. Working closely with the performing arts department, the Technical Director will:
- assist in coordinating the technical demands of overlapping productions and performances in the theater space.
- maintain the safety and efficiency in all technical facilities
- foster a professional, collegial relationship with all production coordinators and school personnel.
- participate in the management of house staff, stage managers, technical running crews and marketing staff, and teach the Introduction to Technical Theater class and more advanced levels as the school requires.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 100 lbs., climb ladders, use power tools and use the catwalks.
- A Master of Fine Arts Degree with an emphasis in Technical Theater, or equivalent professional experience.
- Working knowledge of construction and set design, lighting design, stage rigging, audio and sound reinforcement, stage management and production management as well as professional standards of stage safety.
Compensation includes competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants of diverse, underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should complete the online employment application at below. As part of the online application, please upload a resume, list of references, and a cover letter to Ms. Courtney Perna, HR Manager, all in PDF format.
Stone Ridge requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to legally required exemptions) as the best means of reducing the risk of transmission and providing our students and faculty/staff with the safest possible educational environment. Vaccination not only works to protect the individual who is vaccinated, but also protects students who are not yet eligible and anyone at increased risk from COVID-19.
Connections working at Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
About Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, a member of the international Network of Sacred Heart Schools, is an independent, Catholic, all-girls, mission-driven, student-centered educational community of over 650 students, Early Childhood Program through 12th Grade, in Bethesda, MD. Rooted in the Goals of Sacred Heart education – personal and active faith in God, deep respect for intellectual values, social awareness which impels to action, the building of community as a Christian value, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom – Stone Ridge draws motivated students from throughout the Washington, DC area.