Location: New Preston, Connecticut
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
4 Year Degree
Washington Montessori School (WMS) seeks an experienced middle school Spanish teacher to join our program for the 2023-2024 school year. Montessori teacher credentials are welcomed but not required. Located in Litchfield County, CT, WMS is less than an hour from Great Barrington, MA, less than two hours from NYC, and an easy day trip to Boston.
Founded in 1965, Washington Montessori School exists to educate children and to teach and nurture the skills necessary for success in a changing world through a foundation of Montessori philosophy and principles and best educational practices. WMS also upholds the highest standards of independent school education as articulated in the Standards of the Connecticut Association Independent Schools, Principles of Good Practice of the National Association of Independent Schools, and the American Montessori Society’s Philosophy and Practice and Code of Ethics.
Successful candidates will join a dynamic, supportive, and forward-thinking teaching community of over 50 adults serving 260 students from 18 months through 8th grade. This is a 10 month, full-time position (September to June) with competitive salary and benefits.
- Create an organized, warm learning environment for students in grades 6-8
- Work in partnership with parents and colleagues
- Supervise and guide 8-12 middle school advisees as part of a robust advisory program
- Continue to grow over time, demonstrating a commitment to life-long learning
- Differentiate instruction for varied learning styles, levels, and abilities
- Fluent Spanish and skills and a deep understanding of language instruction
- Respect for and commitment to the development of adolescent learners
- Strong teaching and curriculum development experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent references
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- The desire and ability to work collaboratively with parents and colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Evidence of commitment to Montessori Peace and Justice principles, including best practices for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply
Connections working at Washington Montessori School
About Washington Montessori School
Washington Montessori School is an engaging and substantive academic environment supported by a deeply-rooted and diverse community of families and educators. Our students learn to recognize their individual and collective potential, develop thoughtful approaches to learning, and choose paths to responsible and fulfilling lives.