Location: DENVER, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Benefits include professional development, employer-paid health, vision, dental and life insurance, vacation, sick and personal time off, as well as participation in a retirement plan. Daily free lunch, access to an on-campus workout facility and opportunities based on availability for subsidized on-site child care.
4 Year Degree
The technical support specialist is a core member of the Graland technology team and reports to the director of technology. This full-time, on-site, 12-month position is available immediately and based at our seven acre campus in Denver, Colorado.
As a core part of a small, but mighty team, you are a flexible, resilient, team player who is able to manage competing priorities and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You are a self-motivated, self-starter who shows grace under pressure and conducts themselves with integrity, sound judgment, and humor in all situations.
Working in a supportive and collaborative environment, the technical support specialist will work with other technology staff to sustain a level of quality and uphold community expectation across all technology-related platforms, systems, and resources. Occasional after hours and weekend work will be required.
Reports to ? Director of Technology
Terms ?Full-time, exempt, 12-month position
The following list is not comprehensive of all tasks of the position, but serves as a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues across campus.
- Install, configure, maintain, and repair computers, laptops, iPads, printers, A/V equipment, and other technology devices used by students and educators.
- Respond to help desk inquiries submitted via phone, email, and ticketing system; assist help desk walk-ups whenever possible.
- Resolve tier 1 & 2 help desk inquiries in an efficient and timely manner; escalate issues when necessary.
- Assist with provisioning of user accounts, computers, phones, and other devices for new users.
- Support A/V equipment and systems within classrooms, common areas, conference rooms, and auditoriums.
- Support and manage printer and copiers across campus, including ink/toner supply.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for various groups of users and purposes.
- Update and maintain current inventory of all technology assets.
- Assist in maintaining technical facilities and offices.
- Periodically provide technical/AV support for after hours functions and extended community events.
- Occasionally work in tight spaces, climb ladders, and carry heavy equipment.
- Service-oriented mindset, offering technical support to various user groups including educators, students and families.
- Actively participate in the school community helping to enrich student learning and experiences, as well as taking on duties to support daily operations.
A collaborative and supportive member of the Graland Community who:
- Models caring, respect, patience, and appreciation of differences.
- Provides a safe environment for students.
- Recognizes the importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity (DEI) work and continues growth as a culturally responsive educator.
- Represents school in position and in community.
- Participates in effective communication that is responsible, descriptive, and nonjudgmental.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset, open to feedback and new learning.
- Supports collective efforts of the school on instructional and non-instructional sides in addition to team responsibilities.
- Offers support during after-hours and other technology team responsibilities.
- Approaches situations with flexibility and creative thinking to identify solutions.
- Upholds school, employee and family confidentiality.
Qualifications & Experience
- Associate degree, or higher, in Information Technology or related field; two plus years of equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users including children of various ages.
- Prior experience with and proficiency in macOS, iOS, Google Workspace.
- Familiarity with MDM platforms.
- Familiarity with an Active Directory/Windows Server environment.
- Working knowledge of networks and networking protocols.
- Ability to work individually and within a team.
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems and technology.
- Independent ability to research technical problems and solutions.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Connections working at Graland Country Day School
About Graland Country Day School
A great school never sits still. It keeps going, growing and evolving. Graland Country Day School is an independent school in Denver that serves students in preschool, kindergarten, elementary, and middle school. Since the school’s founding in 1924, Graland has delivered an intellectually robust, character-based educational experience derived from current research about how children learn.
While so much in the world is changing, the school’s focus remains the same: Graland is faithful to the enduring aspects of its mission while seeking new ways to promote character and intellectual excellence. We inspire students to pursue excellence with passion and intent - academically, creatively and in their personal growth as engaged citizens and thoughtful leaders so that they learn to value individual differences and divergent thinking. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our program and keep it relevant for the next generation of students. Guided by our mission, values, Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity Philosophy Statement and strategic plan, we go to extraordinary lengths to give children the best education possible.
Our current enrollment totals 700, and we have jus...t over 100 faculty members, 70 percent of whom have advanced degrees. Graland’s faculty and staff enjoy a collaborative, supportive environment where each member is encouraged to be a lifelong learner. Professional development, onsite childcare, a desirable location in the heart of Denver and other benefits make Graland a dynamic, inclusive and innovative workplace.