Location: New Preston, Connecticut
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
4 Year Degree
Washington Montessori School (WMS) seeks an experienced 3-6 teacher to join our program for the 2023-2024 school year. Montessori teacher credentials are required. Located in Litchfield County, CT, WMS is less than an hour from Great Barrington, MA, less than two hours from NYC, and an easy day trip to Boston.
Founded in 1965, Washington Montessori School exists to educate children and to teach and nurture the skills necessary for success in a changing world through a foundation of Montessori philosophy and principles and best educational practices. WMS also upholds the highest standards of independent school education as articulated in the Standards of the Connecticut Association Independent Schools, Principles of Good Practice of the National Association of Independent Schools, and the American Montessori Society’s Philosophy and Practice and Code of Ethics.
Successful candidates will join a dynamic, supportive, and forward-thinking teaching community of over 50 adults serving 260 students from 18 months through 8th grade. This is a 10 month, full-time position (September to June) with competitive salary and benefits.
- Create an organized, warm Montessori environment for children ages 3-6
- Work in partnership with parents and colleagues
- Supervise and guide an associate teacher
- Continue to grow over time, demonstrating a commitment to life-long learning
- Montessori certification for children ages 3-6.
- Strong teaching and curriculum development experience
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent references
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The desire and ability to work collaboratively with parents and colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- The physical ability to care for a classroom of small children
- Evidence of commitment to Montessori Peace and Justice principles, including best practices for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Belonging
- Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply
Connections working at Washington Montessori School
About Washington Montessori School
Washington Montessori School is an engaging and substantive academic environment supported by a deeply-rooted and diverse community of families and educators. Our students learn to recognize their individual and collective potential, develop thoughtful approaches to learning, and choose paths to responsible and fulfilling lives.