Location: ATLANTA, Georgia
Type: Full Time
Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School (HIES) is seeking an Upper School French Teacher beginning August 1, 2023. HIES is the largest Episcopal Parish independent day school in the country, serving 1,400 students and offers a fully accredited college preparatory program for students age three through 12th grade. HIES is located north of downtown Atlanta between I-75 and GA 400.
The Upper School French Teacher is primarily responsible for teaching all levels of French courses that provide students with a solid understanding of the coursework in the Upper School World Languages Department. Previous teaching experience in World Languages is required. Though we are an acquisition-driven department that uses Comprehensible Input (CI) as our mode of instruction, previous experience with CI is not a requirement for this position.
In addition to a résumé, interested parties should submit a cover letter detailing their knowledge of, interest in, or experience with CI.
- Teach five courses in the Upper School World Languages department.
- Design and implement lesson plans that correspond with the CI (Comprehensible Input) model of language acquisition.
- Collaborate with colleagues on best practices for teaching with the CI model.
- Create an atmosphere of student engagement.
- Maintain a safe, positive, and fair classroom environment for all students.
- Update and maintain accurate student academic records in Canvas LMS and Blackbaud SIS.
- Communicate regularly with parents, students and colleagues regarding student progress.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities Desired
- Demonstrated dedication to or willingness to be trained in CI (Comprehensible Input) and TPRS (Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling).
- Familiarity with concepts of acquisition-driven language instruction.
- Ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education.
- Experience working or living in a cross-cultural setting.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Additional proficiency in a Spanish or Latin a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in French, education, or related field required; teaching credential and Master’s degree or higher strongly preferred.
- ACTFL Advanced-Low or higher proficiency level in French.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background screening, drug testing and safety training required.
Connections working at Holy Innocents Episcopal School
About Holy Innocents Episcopal School
Holy Innocents’ is one of the nation's largest Episcopal schools, enrolling 1,376 students in grades K3-12. Here, in a uniquely vibrant learning community, filled with encouragement and every imaginable opportunity, students are able to explore their talents, pursue their passions, and achieve their full potential. At HIES, our students won't be just a scholar or athlete or artist – they can be all of these, and more. Come to HIES. Explore your interests. Engage your talents. Discover the best in you.