Location: 44333, Ohio
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
START DATE: IMMEDIATE HIRE
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT; SALARIED WITH BENEFITS
HOURS: 8 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., YEAR-ROUND, WITH SOME EVENING AND WEEKEND HOURS AS REQUIRED
COMPENSATION: COMPETITIVE WITH AREA INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS
Old Trail School seeks a dynamic, self-motivated and creative individual for the 12-month, full-time position of Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this individual will drive photography, videography, graphic design and visual content for the school. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive social media strategy as well as creating, editing and publishing social media content across multiple channels. The role will also maintain the school’s brand identity while contributing to digital content and special projects as a vital member of a small team.
In addition to the qualities listed below, the Marketing Manager must possess a growth mindset with an eagerness to refine existing skills and a passion for developing new ones. The individual in this role will also display great initiative, excelling at working independently as well as collaboratively with excellent professionalism, integrity and high personal standards.
- Contributes to a broad range of materials, including the biannual school magazine, fundraising and admission campaigns, the school’s bi-weekly digital newsletter, athletics and performing arts coverage, and alumni relations.
- Conceives, writes and edits stories for digital and print publications to promote Old Trail School’s mission and brand.
- Updates editorial and informational content on the school’s website and mobile app.
- Explores new and innovative marketing trends to increase community engagement and enthusiasm for the school’s brand.
- Assists the admission office with new inquiry processing and lead-nurturing campaigns.
- Serves as the editor for the school yearbook, working closely with an outside vendor to uphold all publication deadlines.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders to document school events and discover news stories; and has the ability to tell them in visually compelling and engaging ways.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, visual arts) or commensurate work-related experience
- A minimum of two years in a communications or marketing role
- Familiarity with the educational field, independent schools, and/or nonprofit work is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit high-quality writing, photography and videography (proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and/or other photo and video-editing software is preferred)
- Experience working with a website Content Management System (CMS), preferably Finalsite
- Flexibility to attend occasional school-related events and activities outside of the normal workday as needed
- Possesses a team-player mentality with the instinct to pitch in and help others
- Understands that collaboration yields better results and thoughtful feedback is helpful for professional growth
- Believes in creating a culture of belonging for students, parents and colleagues
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to write for web and print while ensuring high editorial standards, consistency and brand/style adherence.
In addition to the primary responsibilities listed above and understanding that not all tasks involved with these responsibilities are itemized, the position is also required to perform any task assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications on an “as needed” basis. There will be occasional evening and weekend work hours required. It is expected that they will adhere to strict confidentiality, show initiative in problem solving, be of assistance to constituents, and contribute to Old Trail School in a positive and proactive manner.
Connections working at Old Trail School
About Old Trail School
Old Trail School is an independent, coeducational day school located within The Cuyahoga Valley National Park, 25 miles south of Cleveland, Ohio and 15 miles north of downtown Akron. Old Trail School serves 440 students from toddler thru eighth grade. The School offers a nurturing and academically challenging program to students and families in a five-county region that emphasizes excellence in academics, athletics and the arts. As the only independent school in the United States inside of a national park, Old Trail values its commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship.
Old Trail students and faculty live by the core values of respect, responsibility, goodness and service.