Location: Braintree, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Digital Marketing Director–GREAT benefits package!
Thayer Academy is seeking a Digital Marketing Director to join our dynamic communications team. This position reports to the Chief of Strategic Marketing and Communications.
Enjoy the GREAT BENEFITS the company offers including:
- Free parking - or we’re a block away from the end of the Red Line
- Free lunch when school is in session
- High company contribution to medical insurance, including vision and dental
- 10% retirement contribution
- Generous time off, including 14 paid holidays
- Onsite fitness center and swimming pool (available in the summer) are free for employees
About the department
The Digital Marketing Director, as an integral member of the Communications Department, handles internal and external communications and marketing for Thayer Academy, including online and print publications, social media, and media outreach. A central hub for the Academy’s messaging, the department interacts with and supports priorities from all constituencies on campus. You’ll be joining a team of extraordinarily collaborative, creative, detail-oriented, and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated to furthering Thayer Academy’s educational mission.
Roles and responsibilities
- Working with department heads across campus, produce content representative of a range of campus programming for all digital media platforms.
- Manage the Thayer Academy website, regularly updating content and utilizing clearly organized, easy to navigate information hierarchies. Oversee annual site audit.
- Work with Finalsite, Thayer’s software provider, to manage SEO approach and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Analyze website and social media metrics to help create high-impact editorial content that encourages interactivity. Develop and maintain a dashboard report.
- Use social media to inform, entertain, motivate, promote, build Thayer’s brand, and engage a variety of constituents.
- Serve as community manager for social media sites, responding to comments and queries in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with the Directors of Admissions and Development to create a digital marketing plan for Thayer’s constituencies.
- Coordinate and produce Thayer email communications to parents, alumni, prospective families, etc.
- Create solicitations, digital marketing, and digital invitations for Thayer events.
- Work with various departments to maintain online constituent directories.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in digital marketing
- Excellent communicator, collaborator, and creative thinker with the ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Extensive experience with website content management systems and email marketing software; familiarity with Finalsite’s CMS and proprietary email tool a plus
- Record of excellence in managing social media platforms (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Experience gathering, interpreting, and acting on data analytics for websites and social media campaigns.
- Facility with Adobe Photoshop, video editing software, and Google Workspace
- Demonstrated skill with capturing and editing photos and simple videos for social media, experience with livestreaming for social media stories a plus.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills, all with a good sense of humor
- Experience working in educational settings preferred.
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community.
- The ability to effectively complete all required background checks.
- Fully vaccinated and able to work on campus full-time.
Connections working at Thayer Academy
About Thayer Academy
About Thayer Academy
Thayer Academy's mission is “to inspire a diverse community of students to moral, intellectual, aesthetic, and physical excellence so that each may rise to honorable achievement and contribute to the common good.” In its hiring practices, Thayer Academy seeks candidates who come from a broad range of backgrounds and can contribute to a diverse community, who love working with young people, who thrive when engaged in multiple arenas of school life, and who welcome professional growth.
Located next to Braintree's historic district and just up the hill from the MBTA’s final Red Line stop is the historic 34-acre campus of Thayer Academy. Since 1877, our coeducational day school for grades 5-12 has been a dynamic learning environment in which each student is affirmed, supported, and challenged to grow and meaningfully achieve as young scholars, athletes, artists and leaders. Thayer continues to be a place where tradition and innovation meet, and where students form lifelong relationships with one another and with inspiring teachers who care deeply about their students' personal growth and academic success.
Thayer is rooted in the intentionally holistic educat...ion of our students, who are viewed as whole individuals with affinities and talents in many areas. Unique to Thayer, because of deliberately coordinated scheduling, it is possible to be both a varsity athlete and sing on stage in the school musical--students here are not forced to choose one path or another. There is a supportive and collaborative camaraderie that pervades our halls and campus--one where students view their classmates as partners, encouraging one another to discover their hidden talents and develop them into lifelong strengths.
When you work at Thayer Academy, you join a warm community of students, parents, and colleagues who value not only academic achievement but also a supportive environment in which continual growth and learning is encouraged and supportive through a robust array of professional development opportunities.