Location: Houston, Texas
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
The Nurse serves the PK -12th grade students, Faculty, and Staff.
- Providing healthcare to students, faculty, and staff.
- Performing and assisting in organizing annual health screenings.
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings.
- Auditing immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety.
- Overseeing infection control measures.
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans.
- Organizing medications for field trips/off-campus activities.
- Overseeing stock of clinic supplies and over-the-counter medications.
- Providing optimal communication between the health clinic, parents and faculty and staff.
Minimum Education/Prior Experience/Qualifications Required
- Licensed RN who has a current Texas state license.
- Genuine affinity for working with children and families in an educational setting.
- Ability to make independent decisions along with maintaining the confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
- High level of competence using technology.
- Experience in a PreK – 12 environment, preferably in independent schools.
- Strong references to convey your abilities.
- Successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks.
- Completion of Safe Environment Training.
- Current BLS for Health Care Provider certification.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, presentational, and written), with timely and diplomatic delivery.
- Punctuality and dependability
- Ability to maintain accurate records (keeping track of immunizations, communicable diseases and statistics).
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures, and rules contained in the Duchesne Employee Handbook.
- Treat parents as partners in their child's healthcare.
- Maintain productive relationships with other Duchesne faculty and staff.
- Possess strong people skills in order to be empathetic to children’s and parent’s needs.
Tenets of Staff Excellence
Duchesne Academy employees embody and promote the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education. As a staff of excellence, they commit to a personal and active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness that impels to action, the building of community as a Christian value, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom. As community builders, employees of Duchesne value and respect their colleagues, and they promote School goals and policies with a generous and positive spirit.
A Sacred Heart employee…
Demonstrates an understanding of Catholic Identity, respects the tenets of Catholicism, and participates in the faith life of the School.
Models acceptance of and respect for other faith and cultural traditions.
Values and encourages interactive service as a life-long commitment.
Creates an inviting environment which honors rigor and relevance, and promotes critical thinking, collaboration, and the creative use of the imagination.
Embraces the importance of the integration of technology within the school; supports and promotes the ethical use of all forms of technology.
Researches, reflects on, and adopts best practices to promote excellence in the area of expertise.
Continually seeks professional growth through self-reflection, observations, collegial dialogue and professional development opportunities.
Fulfills routine professional responsibilities in a thoughtful and timely manner.
Works in partnership and open communication with parents and colleagues to ensure the well-being of the school.
Contributes to a community culture that fosters thoughtful decision-making, honorable behavior, accountability, and a sense of hope.
Apply online at https://www.duchesne.org/about/job-opportunities
Nothing in this Job Description restricts Duchesne’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or Duchesne may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.