Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Type: Full Time
there are opportunities for supplemental pay
4 Year Degree
Faculty, Upper School Computer Science
Begins 2023-24 School Year (August 2023)
We are seeking a skilled and creative Computer Science teacher. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience teaching computer science at the secondary school level. Ideal candidates will also have experience as a student advisor. The Upper School Science Department offers a comprehensive and exciting range of Computer Science courses, including Introduction to Python, Engineering through Robotics, AP (Java) Computer Science A, 3D Design, and opportunities to design new courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a variety of computer science courses from Introductory Python and Java to AP Programming.
- Collaborate regularly with colleagues to review and reimagine the Computer Science program.
- Plan lessons and projects that facilitate students' acquisition of primary, intermediate and advanced programming skills.
- Experience with or interest in learning to coach our FIRST FTC Robotics team.
- Bachelor’s degree required: Computer Science, Engineering, Design, or a related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience teaching computer science at the secondary level or above.
- Experience working with and supporting students of various ages/grades.
- Demonstrated commitment to equitable and inclusive practices, with respect to pedagogy, curriculum, and community engagement.
- Open-mindedness, flexibility, and enthusiasm about giving and receiving feedback.
- Eagerness to rethink and iterate on pedagogy and to develop new curriculum.
- Proficient in Python and Java programming.
- Proficient in Maker Space equipment and software.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and AutoCAD software.
- Preference for a candidate who has experience with FIRST FTC Robotics coaching.
We have newer and updated facilities, small class sizes (average of 15:1 ratio in the middle school), and a competitive compensation package. If you would like to join a highly qualified faculty team who enjoys teaching talented and dedicated students and would like to be considered for this opportunity, complete the online application.
Pembroke Hill seeks to fulfill our mission by recognizing that diversity, belonging, equity and inclusion are integral elements of school and community life. Our mission-inspired goal is together, cultivating each to be a global thinker and valuable member of the PHS community poised to acquire the academic and life skills that make a significant difference for all.
Connections working at Pembroke Hill School
About Pembroke Hill School
The Pembroke Hill School is a private independent school with 100+ years of history located in a beautiful and historical area in Kansas City. We currently have approximately1,200 students from Early Years through grade 12 on two campuses within a mile of each other.
Pembroke Hill School has a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you would like to be considered for an employment opportunity, visit www.pembrokehill.org/about-us/employment and complete an online application.