Location: Bend, Oregon
Type: Full Time
Director of Enrollment
2023 - 2024
Educational Philosophy, Mission, & Core Values
At Cascades Academy we deliver meaningful, challenging, and experiential education to inspire lifelong learners who are socially responsible individuals ready for a diverse and changing world. This work begins by building a community rooted in belonging and joy that also empowers individuality. With this relational foundation, our teachers ignite curiosity and guide students to embrace challenge while learning by doing. This approach cultivates engaged human beings who are equipped to navigate life with purpose and resilience so as to build a future of impact and meaning. Ultimately, we are in the practice of crafting transformation - both for our students and our world.
Cascades Academy was founded in 2003 with 61 students and a deep commitment to experiential learning, academic excellence, and community engagement. Now in its 20th year, the school resides on an award-winning 53-acre campus located on the Deschutes River. The school has grown to 240 students PK-12 and is excited to more fully realize its founding pillars while also deepening its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, social-emotional learning, and community partnerships in order to inspire lifelong learners. As part of its dedication to innovative education, the school recently adopted a competency-based learning model in the Middle School and will launch its first Mastery Transcript cohort in the Upper School fall of 2023.
Due to its small size, ability to attract highly talented and innovative educators, program agility, and location in the outdoor mecca of Bend, Oregon, the school is uniquely poised to become a leader in the innovative, experiential educational landscape.
Cascades Academy seeks an experienced Director of Enrollment to lead the school’s efforts in recruitment, admissions, tuition assistance, re-enrollment, and retention.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Articulating the school’s mission, programs, and admissions policies to all prospective families.
- Developing a strategic recruitment and communication plan, in partnership with the Director of Marketing & Communications, to reach targeted audiences, including identifying and implementing best-practice web-based technologies.
- Managing the admissions process, including identifying prospective applicants; managing files and information concerning candidates; conducting and overseeing testing, interviewing and arranging student visits; notifying applicants of decisions; and directing the enrollment process.
- Managing effective retention efforts for current students.
- Working closely with the Head of School and Director of Business & Operations to administer tuition assistance awards.
- Advancing the school’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts by demonstrating sensitivity to economic, cultural, and other issues present in the enrollment of a diverse student body.
- Monitoring and assessing admissions and enrollment data as it pertains to enrollment goals established by the Head of School and Board of Trustees.
- Overseeing admissions related events including open houses, information and experience nights.
- Supporting all other major events school-wide.
- Collaborating with the Advancement Team on appropriate admission and marketing materials, mailings, and publications.
- Overseeing enrollment management budgets.
- Communicating clearly, compassionately, and enthusiastically to all staff and prospective students.
- Acting as the liaison between the school and the Family Association.
- Embracing the senior leadership team cohort and collaborating on strategic initiatives.
- Fulfilling other duties as assigned.
Position Title: Director of Enrollment
Reports to: Head of School
Start Date: July 2023
To apply, please upload a resume, cover letter, and two letters of reference onto the school website employment portal. https://www.cascadesacademy.org/about/employment
No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion.
Ideal candidates will have relevant experience in admissions in an independent school, be proponents of progressive education, and possess the following qualities:
- Extraordinary relational and emotional intelligence
- Superior organizational skills
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Appreciation and respect for diversity in all of its forms
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural competence
- Advocacy around inclusion
- Tech savviness (experience with Blackbaud, SSS, Google Drive, MS Excel and Word)
- Proven success in a senior administrative role, preferably working with a board
- Integrity, sound judgment, self-confidence, maturity, collaborative spirit, and a sense of humor
- A minimum of at least 5-7 years admissions experience