Location: Dallas, Texas
Type: Full Time
Salary: based on experience/education
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
The Middle School Science position is a full-time 9.5-month position and reports directly to the Head of Middle School. Major responsibility of the position is to develop and execute teaching plans for assigned subjects and counsel with students and parents to meet subject objectives. All Middle School faculty also serve as an advisor for one section of students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Plan and execute developmentally appropriate units and lessons to meet subject objectives.
- Differentiate instruction for students based on ability and/or interest.
- Work and plan collaboratively with teaching team and department.
- Act as the advisor for one section of students. Advisors serve as the point person for communication with the parents of the advisory students.
- Conduct parent teacher conferences at scheduled intervals and on an as needed basis.
- Manage and monitor student learning.
- Assist with extra-curricular activities as assigned.
- Coordinate with other instructors and administration to develop the total child.
- Prepare course materials, i.e.: Teaching and examination materials, articles, workbooks, manuals, etc.
- Adhere to Parish Episcopal “Characteristics of Effective Teaching.”
- Promote the school’s mission and philosophy.
- Prepare students for next grade level.
- Maintain professional credentials as required by Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS) or other accrediting agencies.
- Perform assigned duties such as carpool and lunch duties.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marginal duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attends Staff Development Meetings
- Attends Chapel
- Attends Division Meetings
- Attends Department & Team Meetings
Attends school events such as Middle School Night, Admission Open House, Fieldtrips/Class Trips
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; relevant Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ teaching experience
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Parish Episcopal School is actively seeking a full-time Middle School science instructor. The position primarily will require teaching sections of earth and life science. A bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred. A typical full-time position involves teaching five sections of classes and advising a group of students. Faculty members are also expected to be involved in student life activities outside of the classroom. In addition, faculty members are expected to attend class outings and class trips.
The School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. The School’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. All Employees are responsible for complying with the School’s equal employment opportunity policy.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume’ and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connections working at Parish Episcopal School
About Parish Episcopal School
Thank you for exploring the professional opportunities available at Parish Episcopal School. As a place that seeks to add value to the lives of the students in our community, we search for faculty members who possess a passion for their subject, an eagerness to build meaningful relationships with those they teach and a recognition of the important place that contemplation and reflection hold in the educational process.
If you are committed to purposeful work and possess a spirit of possibility, I would invite you to learn more about Parish through our website and to apply for an appropriate position.
Parish Episcopal School is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.