Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Serve as primary contact for Boston outreach efforts including building relationships with Boston Public School teachers, attending school fairs and community events, following up with student nominations, and supporting families in the admission process.
Build relationships with applying families, maintaining communication, and answering questions; provide top notch customer service at all times.
Conduct prospective family interviews and complete interview notes in a timely fashion.
In conjunction with other members of the office, help plan, organize, and execute recruitment, applicant evaluation, and yield events both on and off campus.
Manage Parent Ambassador program, including recruiting and training parent volunteers, supporting volunteers on PeerPal, designing and scheduling volunteers for events.
Serve as project lead for Class I, II and III student applicant group visits.
Evaluate student files and participate in Admission Committee meetings.
Process supporting application documentation, scanning, labeling, and uploading materials to Ravenna.
Set-up for migration of enrolling students from Ravenna to Blackbaud.
Serve as liaison to the Advancement Office; provide biweekly updates on applicants with Winsor affiliations and respond to requests for data to support fundraising and grant application efforts.
Manage large mailings including planning, ordering for and sending admitted student boxes.
Coordinate with the registrar to forward matriculating student records.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admission & Financial Aid.
Additional duties include:
Greet admission visitors and support the check-in process for arriving families.
Answer incoming phone calls and emails and respond within 24 hours.
Order supplies as needed.
Stay abreast of trends and best practices in enrollment management.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years experience in an admission-related role preferred; title (Assistant Director vs. Associate Director) to be determined by prior experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Fluent proficiency in Spanish (written and oral) a plus
- Ability to process details with accuracy and maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies within the school and the diverse Boston-area community
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google products, and the Ravenna Admit online application program a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize competing projects, and execute numerous diverse projects in a timely manner
- Desire and ability to work independently
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends during the school year as workload demands
This is a full-time, 12 month position. We are open to an April 3 through July 1 start date.
Please visit the Winsor Careers page to apply for and submit your resume and cover letter:
Connections working at The Winsor School
About The Winsor School
The Winsor School is an independent girls' school for academically promising and motivated students in grades five through twelve. Our diverse, vibrant community values intellectual curiosity, authentic engagement, and personal integrity and prepares young women to pursue their aspirations and contribute to the world. Winsor strives to create an environment of respect and inclusion.