Location: CONCORD, Massachusetts
Type: Part Time
4 Year Degree
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for all genders, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” At Nashoba Brooks, we believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School educates children for a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world. The School nurtures students’ growth and character, while fostering the development of each child’s personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks a 75% time preschool teacher in our multi-aged Preschool program for the 2023-2024 academic year. Teachers partner in a co-teaching model in a classroom of approximately twelve students. The successful candidate will possess the desire to work in a dynamic, student-centered school committed to continuous learning and excellence in 21st century education. A teacher at Nashoba Brooks models the mission of the School to create a student-centered, mission-driven learning environment for students.
Nashoba Brooks Preschool teachers:
- Work closely with teaching and administrative employees to support the educational, social and emotional development of students.
- Communicate proactively with students and parents, including writing individualized student reports and participating in parent/teacher conferences.
- Participate as an active member of teaching teams to support curriculum development and integration.
- Work collaboratively with teaching team members, the learning specialist, and School counselor to identify and support student learning needs.
- Model excellent problem solving and project management skills with a commitment to viewing challenges as problems that can be solved rather than obstacles that cannot be overcome.
- Support effective communication and collaboration within the Lower School team.
- Support student safety through a demonstrated commitment to emergency response training and the ability to lift and transport small children as needed.
Strong candidates will demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge in teaching early childhood education.
- Excellence in integrated curriculum development, lesson planning, technology integration, and use of formative assessments for preschool students.
- Commitment to inspiring curiosity and creativity through play and place-based education utilizing our 30-acre campus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write detailed comments on students’ progress reports, and the ability to communicate directly, effectively, respectfully and constructively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- An understanding of a co-teaching model and commitment to open and effective communication.
- Effective differentiation of curriculum and instruction to teach students with diverse learning profiles.
- A passion for teaching young children, as well as a deep understanding of the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of three, four, and five year-olds.
- Proactive teacher-parent interaction and communication.
- A proven track record of efficient project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
- Proficiency with technology and technology integration to support learning.
- Bachelor’s degree with significant coursework in early childhood education; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in early childhood education.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
The successful candidate will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Tim Croft, assistant head of lower school email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.nashobabrooks.org
Connections working at Nashoba Brooks School
About Nashoba Brooks School
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for all genders, age 3-Grade 3; Girls, Grades 4-8. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” Nashoba Brooks believes that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world. Campus highlights include two gyms; two science centers; a dining-meeting commons; and a dedicated arts building with music labs, visual arts studios, and an auditorium with a performance stage. Over 90 percent of the Middle School girls participate in interscholastic athletics. Service learning is embedded in the curriculum at every level, and students are actively engaged in making connections to the community. Situated on nearly 30 acres of woodlands and former farm fields, Nashoba Brooks is two miles from the center of Concord, Massachusetts.