Location: CONCORD, Massachusetts
Type: Part Time
4 Year Degree
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for all genders, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” At Nashoba Brooks, we believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks per diem substitute teachers for the 2022-2023 academic year with a strong desire to work as part of a team in a dynamic school committed to excellence in 21st century education. This is a part-time per diem position in Preschool through Grade 8.
- Instruction of students as a substitute teacher in a variety of subject areas for students in Preschool through Grade 8.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least one year of experience working in elementary/middle school education.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with students in Preschool through Grade 8.
- Demonstrated knowledge about the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of preschool, elementary, and middle school students.
Professional Qualities and Skills
Strong candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong facilitation, organization, and communication skills.
- Effective collaboration with colleagues, using open and professional communication.
- The ability to lift and transport small children as needed, including in urgent situations.
- Productive engagement in a dynamic learning environment by demonstrating flexibility and the willingness to contribute to the broader community.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate directly, effectively, respectfully, and constructively with people of all ages.
- Flexibility and excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning at both the individual and institutional level, including the ability to receive and grow from constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated commitment to and comfort with advancing the School’s core values of diversity, service learning, and character development.
- Proficiency with technology and technology integration to support learning.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Tim Croft, Assistant Head of Lower School
Connections working at Nashoba Brooks School
About Nashoba Brooks School
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for all genders, age 3-Grade 3; Girls, Grades 4-8. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” Nashoba Brooks believes that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world. Campus highlights include two gyms; two science centers; a dining-meeting commons; and a dedicated arts building with music labs, visual arts studios, and an auditorium with a performance stage. Over 90 percent of the Middle School girls participate in interscholastic athletics. Service learning is embedded in the curriculum at every level, and students are actively engaged in making connections to the community. Situated on nearly 30 acres of woodlands and former farm fields, Nashoba Brooks is two miles from the center of Concord, Massachusetts.