Location: Fayetteville, North Carolina
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
There is an opening for a Director of College Counseling and Academic Advising at Fayetteville Academy. The position is full-time and will begin on July 1, 2023.
This position includes working closely with upper school students and their families, the Upper School Director, and the Director of Student Support Services as well as supervision of and collaboration with the Assistant Director of College Counseling/Test Coordinator.
Specific duties include:
- Supporting students through all phases of the college search and application process.
- Writing a letter of recommendation for each senior
- Establishing and maintaining a professional network with college counselors and admission officers.
- Maintaining Scoir account and educating/updating students on the platform.
- Organizing and presenting programming for students and families in the upper school, including junior and senior parent programs, 9th Grade College Planning Night, and an annual College Fair.
- Serving as a member of the Administrative Team and the Academic Review Committee
- Facilitating or assisting the Upper School Director with planning and coordination of end of year celebrations and events, such as Graduation, Senior Week, Awards Nights, and others.
- Assist Director of Admission with initial file review and preparation of Graduation Checklists for entering upper school students.
- Serve as a resource person for students, teachers, and families for matters related to academic advising.
The successful candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree (with a master’s degree preferred) and at least three-five years undergraduate admission or college counseling experience. Independent school experience is preferable. Effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues is essential, with attention to detail and deadlines, organization, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and comfort with technology (such as Scoir, Slate, and other application related platforms) are critical to the success of this position. A team oriented individual who is willing to step up and step in when needed is desirable.
Fayetteville Academy actively seeks candidates who participate in the life of the school and possess strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively with students, parents, faculty, and administration. They should be a self-directed individual who is solution oriented, flexible, and works well with teams and individuals while possessing a positive attitude.
References should speak to an applicant’s ability to be a dynamic educator, to be an effective, supportive mentor for adolescents, and to effectively communicate with families and other constituencies with empathy, energy, and expertise. Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fayetteville Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation in administration of its educational policies, admissions, financial aid, and athletic and other school-administered programs. In compliance with the Immigration Act of 1990, Fayetteville Academy will employ only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Upon employment, acceptable authorization and identification documents will be required.
Connections working at Fayetteville Academy
About Fayetteville Academy
Fayetteville Academy is a PK - 12th grade school with approximately 400 students. We were founded in 1970 and we are the only truly independent, college preparatory day school in Fayetteville, NC. The Academy has earned a strong reputation within the community for the quality of its academic, fine arts, and athletic programs. To learn more about the Academy, please visit our website at www.fayacademy.org.
No phone calls accepted, please!