Location: Dallas, Texas
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Good Shepherd Episcopal School seeks an Employee Recruiting and Retention Manager for the 2023-2024 school year. The Employee Recruiting and Retention Manager position is a full-time position. Major responsibility of the position is to guide and manage the recruiting and retention of GSES employees through services, policies and programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Recruiting and Staffing - coordinate posting positions, recruitment, interviewing, and hiring with department representatives.
- Explore international visa sponsorship
- Focus on recruiting substitutes.
- Conduct in-service training for substitutes
- Employee orientation - onboarding process to ensure all new employees are processed through all departments for needed information. Order name tags and polo shirts. Provide gifts for new employees when hired.
- Coordinate and organize new teacher in-service week and training.
- Build retention program (including Parents’ Day Out program), focusing on a mentoring program for employees as they are hired.
- Employee services, safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Consult with administrators and employees to resolve personnel issues and maintain related documentation and records.
- Supports Divisions with reported student concerns and/or investigations
- Serve as the school's wellness program coordinator. Create ‘better together’ classes.
- Service awards
- Community care - sending flowers, gift cards
- Performance Management and Improvement systems - Develop and manage a performance review process for all employees which tie to job descriptions, expected outcomes and strategic goals
- Complete exit interviews and report findings to the Head of School.
- Lead dress code committee; handle dress code violations
- Receive all general concerns/complaints
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support the school and its leadership.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’ experience in recruiting preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strategic mindset to implement best practices
- Communications skills of listening, empathy and directing (no opinions)
- Flexibility to effectively deal with multiple priorities, functions and activities.
- Solution-oriented and willing to do research to find the best outcome
It is Good Shepherd Episcopal School's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (creed), age, sex, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, ancestry, genetic information, national or ethnic origin, marital status, or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Connections working at Good Shepherd Episcopal School
About Good Shepherd Episcopal School
Good Shepherd Episcopal School is a coeducational institution located in north Dallas serving 600 students in prekindergarten through eighth grade. The school’s mission is to inspire children to learn with confidence, serve with compassion, and lead with courage.